Job ID: CKND1902-01
Division: Global Winnipeg / News
Work Status: Part-time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
About the Role:
Reporting to the Managing Editor, you will be a member of the Global News team which produces local newscasts 7-days a week and provides a continuous flow of content to GlobalNews.ca.
- As an ENG Digital Technician, the following is an outline of some but not all of the primary functions and responsibilities for this position:
- Assignments could include but are not limited to ENG camera, graphics, editing and Technical Producing
- Assignments will include days, evenings, weekends, mornings and travel as required;
- Responsible for safely operating and maintaining a company vehicle;
- Set up, operate and maintain COFDM Microwave and Satellite trucks
Quality Control and Facs checking technical aspects of local news programs;
- Must represent Global Television in a professional and courteous manner;
Perform other duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma/Degree from a recognized broadcast television program;
- Exemplary work ethic and punctuality;
- Demonstrates a positive, can do attitude
- Co-operative teamwork skills, and an ability to work independently;
- Though understanding of Online Platforms including Social Media
- Ability to edit on Non Linear editing platforms;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record;
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system.
This is a bargaining unit position of ENG Digital Technician – Group 4
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 4, 2019 . Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process.