Division: Global Calgary
Work Status: Casual
About the Role
Reporting to the ENG Editor Supervisor, you will be responsible for editing and shooting coverage of local news, sports and community events for all platforms. You will be required to work a variety of shifts, including early mornings, days, evenings, overnights and weekends on a backfill basis.
- Edit video and stories using non-linear software both in the newsroom and in the field
- Expertly operate an ENG camera
- Shoot, light and transmit live hits
- Shoot and upload photos and video for Globalnews.ca and various social media channels
- Ingest video to network servers for use across all Global stations
- Be a strong advocate and mentor for digital content and an audience-first workflow
- Source, confirm and post compelling user-generated video
What We Need From You:
- Minimum of three years of experience with non-linear editing, ENG Camera, field lighting and working in a newsroom environment. Familiarity with Edius/Grass Valley considered an asset.
- Broadcast-related degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Good news sense; up-to-date on current events and sports
- Strong computer and social-media skills
- Top-notch communicator and organizer; willing team member who can lead when required
- Decisive even under pressure; able to prioritize and meet multiple daily deadlines.
- Willing and able to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows
- Acquainted with Global News online and on-air. Familiarity with Alberta and Calgary would be considered an asset.
- If you have a proven record as a positive team member who takes initiative, pitches in and juggles complex demands, we want to hear from you.
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, November 7, 2018.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.