Find similar jobs Return to Career Search
Department name:Human Resources
Business unit:People & Culture
A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
We have an exciting opportunity within our People and Culture team for a Director, Total Rewards in our Calgary Corporate office. Reporting to the Vice President, People & Culture, the successful candidate will be accountable for the development and implementation of Shaw’s compensation programs and practices to drive our business strategy.
A typical day
As a Director, Total Rewards you will:
• Provide leadership, direction and support to the Total Rewards team which oversees all compensation (base and incentive) programs, pension and equity plan, and executive compensation
• Lead the development, implementation, administration and communication of Shaw’s pension, compensation, Short Term and Long Term Incentive Programs, projects and practices through collaboration with key stakeholders (Finance, Legal, People & Culture teams)
• Lead Shaw’s job evaluation and pay equity initiatives
• Stay on top of external trends, relevant pay legislation and competitive market intelligence, anticipate and navigate the potential impact on compensation philosophy and practices
• Recommend new approaches, initiatives and programs to assist in attracting and retaining high achieving talent to achieve our organization’s objectives
• Be accountable for preparing materials and content for Human Resources & Compensation Committee as well as the annual Notice & Proxy Circular
• Manage the Total Rewards budget ensuring that costs are managed within established guidelines
• A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a Business related discipline with a minimum of 15 years of leadership experience in compensation and pension
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with executive compensation and equity programs including exposure at the Board level
• Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to influence stakeholders and energize and motivate a dynamic team
• Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills with the ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects
• Thorough knowledge of legislation and regulatory rulings impacting, pension plans and compensation practices
• Excellent strategic project management skills with previous business planning experience
• Highly motivated, energetic and goal oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
Meet the team
• Vice President, People & Culture
• Executive Vice President & Chief People and Culture Officer
• This role is location specific: Calgary
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal (and credit) background check
Posting closing date:August 10, 2020
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.