At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
As the Director, Security Risk & Compliance you will drive a high standard for security risk management and collaborate across the organization to drive compliance to security standards through effective solutions and practices. You will act as a source of knowledge and experience to stakeholders and undertake initiatives to raise awareness around key security risks and opportunities. You will lead the strategy to strengthen data protection practices to meet business, security, and regulatory requirements. As part of the Security Infrastructure team, you will participate in technical and project road mapping, strategic direction setting, and creative solutioning to help achieve our overall security objectives. You will create a culture of accessibility and confidence around security practices. You will help teams across Shaw think, act, and influence in ways that contribute to the security of our organization, our employees, and the trust that our customers place in us.
A typical day
Your day-to-day will focus on finding creative ways to continually improve the security posture across Shaw. You will work cross-functionally with teams such as Technology, Operations, and Regulatory to deliver evolving capabilities around protecting our critical data assets. As new situations arise, you will bring your expertise to identify opportunities and your leadership to execute solutions to strengthen controls and protections. You will continually assess our environment to find ways to improve awareness, compliance, and overall security performance. You will develop, assess, and measure internal controls to increase the maturity of our cyber security performance. Collaboration and committed partnership with teams across Shaw will drive the success and impact of your initiatives.
• Minimum of 5+ years of directly related risk management and information security experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience, with track-record for delivering breakthrough performance through others.
• Certifications in one or more of the following: CISM (Certified Information Security Manager), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), or CDPSE (Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer)
• Experience participating and presenting to executives, C-level and committees.
• Experience in leading cyber security risk management solutions across a complex enterprise, including partner-lead and cloud-based solutions.
• Experience in delivering and/or operating an enterprise-wide data protection program.
• Experience in and strong knowledge of risk governance and compliance, IT audit, threat-risk assessments, security, and operations
• Expert knowledge of cyber security trends, technologies, and their applicability to the telecommunications industry.
• Ability to be successful in a dynamic, disruptive, and transformational organization.
• Strong understanding of the principles and techniques of security risk analysis.
• Experience in directly leading a project/program through to completion.
• Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
• Strong verbal and written communication experience, able to translate complex situations into simple, plain-language explanations.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Posting closing date:December 25, 2020
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.