Division: Content Distribution
Position: Director, Sales & Business Development
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Viacom International Media Networks Content Distribution department is responsible for driving revenue with new and existing digital and BDU partners through the distribution of Viacom International Media Networks (including SPIKE/Paramount Network/BET) television content. The Director will report to the SVP & GM Canada and SVP Content Distribution (based in Miami) and be a crucial part of the team managing a mix of traditional and digital distributor relationships.
- Lead new deal initiation through proposals to negotiations. This will require the Director to have a strategic viewpoint about a new deal for internal approval, pitch the deal to the partner, and lead the execution of the partnership from operations to marketing.
- Support SVPs with large partner negotiations through managing internal relationships with Strategy, Business and Legal Affairs, Finance Marketing and Operations as well as knowing the existing contracts and partner specific data.
- Develop and manage relationships both internally and externally to advance the goals of driving revenue and building partnerships.
- Account management responsibility for both existing and new accounts. This entails both building and nurturing relationships with client counterparts as well as overseeing all day-to-day obligations with such accounts (content deliveries, marketing initiatives, etc.). The Director should be responsive, solutions oriented and proactive both internally and externally.
- Represent client point of view internally with peers and stakeholders at Viacom International Media Networks.
- Lead strategy and relationship management, both internally and externally, for all contractual marketing partnerships.
- Oversee reporting and data collection and analysis for all key accounts, including proactively identifying areas of opportunity and improvement.
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience, including sales or business development experience
- Client management skills and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of the content distribution landscape, both traditional and digital
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Interest and passion for technology and media
- Strong excel and power point skills
- Experience managing others
- Pre-existing distribution deal experience and/or Canadian BDU relationships a huge plus
- Bachelor’s degree, JD or MBA preferred
- Exceptional people skills – including written and communications skills required to build and maintain excellent client relationships
- Ability to thrive, adapt and re-prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Extremely proactive and results oriented approach to all tasks
- Proven ability to think strategically and analytically
- Spanish or French is a plus but not required