September 27, 2018
Director of Programming
Location: Toronto, ON
Super Channel, a national premium television network, has an exciting opportunity for a creative and results oriented individual to join its management team as the Director of Programming, based in Toronto, Ontario. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with exceptional knowledge passion for the entertainment industry.
The Director of Programming, in conjunction with the Vice President, Programming manage the Canadian Content strategy, acquisitions and production development for the company’s four channel multiplex Fuse, Heart & Home, Vault and Ginx Esports TV Canada. The position will manage with forward thinking, smart scheduling strategy, and creative content acquisitions.
Prime Areas of Responsibility:
Drive all aspects of content acquisition and long-term partner management for Canadian Content acquisition and development including all aspects of negotiation, program development, financing and funding.
- Assist to execute overall programming strategy and help integrate that strategy into all areas of the company.
- Contribute to the program planning, development and acquisitions for linear, VOD platform.
- Help manage, track and distribute the ongoing Programming Strategy Rollout, and effectively communicate on a short term and long-term basis.
- Liaise with various of departments from affiliate sales, marketing, on air promotion, as it pertains to ongoing scheduling stunts, initiatives, and acquired show launch strategy.
- Identify and acquire movies, specials, and series acquisitions. Includes extensive analysis of possible domestic acquisitions.
- Track competitive landscape and collaborate on quarterly competitive presentations
- Build and verbally present ongoing presentations to senior staff and other key departments on various projects throughout the year.
- Assist and Contribute to cross platform synergy initiatives with constant interaction of the Company’s channels: Fuse, Heart & Home, Vault and Ginx Esports TV Canada.
- Attend various industry markets as required throughout the year.
- Must utilize and help work with team to meet frequent deadlines in high-pressured situations.
- A post-secondary degree / diploma in business and film is preferred.
- 5 Years’ experience in film and/or broadcast industry
- Ability to be a big thinker visionary.
- Able to think "outside the box".
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented and goal-driven
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Able to work effectively across functional groups in a collaborative environment.
- Must be available to travel throughout Canada, USA and Europe.
Key assets also include superior written and oral communication skills, the ability to work independently and in collaborative team environment, attention to detail, and excellent time management.
Super Channel, an equal opportunity employer, offers an exciting, fast-paced, team-oriented environment together with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please respond with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Super Channel Entertainment Network
Super Channel is a national premium pay television network, offering subscribers exceptional entertainment value with four diverse channels – Super Channel Fuse, Super Channel Heart & Home, Super Channel Vault and GINX Esports TV Canada – plus, access to Super Channel On Demand where available by service provider.
Super Channel's mission is to entertain and engage Canadian audiences by providing a unique and exclusive entertainment experience. With a core foundation of integrity and accountability, we dedicate ourselves to implementing innovative programming strategies and unparalleled team work that provides viewers with exceptional value and variety.
Super Channel is owned by Allarco Entertainment 2008 Inc., an Edmonton-based media company. Super Channel is currently available on Bell TV, Shaw Direct, Rogers Anyplace TV, Shaw Cable, Cogeco Cable, Access Communications, Bell Alliant TV, Source Cable, SaskTel, MTS, Novus, EastLink, TELUS, Videotron, Westman Communications and other regional providers.