Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched – Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
APTN is looking for a strong, dynamic Leader to join our Senior Management team in a newly created position. Do you excel in online content and enjoy overseeing new projects? Are you self-motivated and a forward thinker with excellent leadership skills? If you said yes, we want to hear from you!
• Become part of the team at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers;
• Contribute to and manage the development of long-term strategic, business, and financial plans;
• Manage the development and acquisition of world-class Indigenous content in English, French and Indigenous languages;
• Provide strong leadership skills overseeing the APTN OTT (Over the Top) and Content Creation teams;
• Collaborate with the Manager of OTT Programming in developing annual content acquisition plans and evaluating new content opportunities;
• Manage/develop the programming catalogue ensuring the streaming platform is considered in all content negotiations;
• Develop an understanding of best-in-class streaming practices to ensure ongoing growth;
• Identify appropriate measurements and KPIs for each genre of content and work closely with the lumi marketing group to analyze, research, and develop an intimate knowledge of the target audience, deepening subscriber engagement and reaching new subscribers;
• Responsible for Human Resources related functions including: recruiting, training, appraising performance etc.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
• Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline and related senior experience or equivalent combination of both;
• Significant experience with online streaming or in a pay TV environment and experience dealing with complex administrative tasks would be an asset;
• Experience in the broadcast industry is required;
• Prior deal negotiation experience with content acquisition and various licensing rights would be an asset;
• Experience leading diverse teams is required;
• Experience with an Indigenous organization, First Nations/Metis/Inuit culture, traditional knowledge is an asset.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Please apply before Friday, February 5, 2021