Date: Jan 17, 2021
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA, V5H 4W4
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Reporting to the VP Access Network West, this role provides leadership for the daily operations and maintenance of the Wireless and Wireline network sites in Western Canada.
• The primary responsibilities of this role are to fully support all of our wireless and wireline network sites across BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan.
• The main areas of focus will be to:
• Leading a team of highly skilled technical workforce.
• Accountable for site maintenance, security and general daily operations
• Restoration of services on a 7×24 basis within MTTR objectives
• Defining and carrying out preventative maintenance routines to ensure stability and performance
• Maintain a balanced inventory of spare equipment to meet objectives
• Collaborate with all Engineering departments to ensure operational acceptance is confirmed and provided. Also to ensure spares are purchased and/or upgraded as required.
• Manage vendor and 3rd party relationships, contracts, MSA’s and associated PO’s and invoicing
• Accountable for OPEX budgets, manage all OPEX costs at each site
• Vendor management for technical problem resolution where applicable
• Perform and or comply with audits to ensure security and access authorizations are owned and maintained
• Perform health and safety physical site audits and administer material & waste storage on properties
• Collaborate with Corporate Real Estate when in shared offices
• Collaborate with all Rogers NOCs and Maintenance workforces for troubleshooting and process efficiencies
• Participate in Implementation of new projects
• Staff development and succession planning for incoming workforce and existing team
The successful candidate will be a results oriented leader with extensive industry knowledge, familiar with Wireline and Wireless network elements and general telecommunications knowledge. Leading a team of highly technical staff as well as outsourced resources to support and manage all Wireline and Wireless sites and related network restorations. You will work closely with senior leadership to effectively support the performance of the Access networks in network reliability and MTTR in a cost effective and timely manner, while seeking ways to continuously improve using the Rogers corporate values.
You will be accountable to:
• Meet MTTR objectives
• Meet financial objectives
• Ensure proper and efficient Preventative maintenance is performed to provide network stability
• Ensure and accept that all work performed meets engineering standards and guidelines.
• Ensure that network integrity is maintained at all times
• Liaison with Procurement to manage contractor / vendor resources
• Ensure engineering groups are fully supported for successful changes including space and power
• Ensure all objectives are clear and communicated to staff to ensure alignment of objectives across the Enterprise business
• You are a seasoned people leader with a university degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering or operational discipline with 10+ years’ experience in Wireline/Wireless network domains. You have demonstrated leadership skills and have demonstrated ability to lead teams developing complex solutions facing multiple priorities. You have in-depth knowledge in one or more of the following disciplines:
• 2G/3G/LTE/5G Wireless networks
• Fibre facilities linking access locations (RWI/R4B)
• Microwave transport
• Demonstrated leadership skills in strategy planning and execution
• Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to easily understand and to be understood
• Advanced leadership coaching and mentoring skills
• Adaptable to change with the ability to lead change adoption
• Ability to challenge the status quo
• Demonstrated business, financial and political acumen
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple teams and competing priorities
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1600 – 4710 Kingsway (016), Burnaby, BC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Network Design
Requisition ID: 211383
Together, we’ll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Our people are at the heart of our success
Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
We do what’s right, each and every day
We believe in the power of new ideas
We work as one team, with one vision
We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.