Our mission at NorthwesTel is to be the preferred supplier of high-value communication and entertainment solutions to Northern Customers. As the first and only northern-based company to provide telecommunications across the North, we see a future where we will progressively build upon a legacy of achievement. NorthwesTel recognizes that our best asset is our employees and we recognize that work-life balance is important. We also encourage community involvement through such efforts as our Community Investment Program, Volunteer Involvement Fund and Arctic/Canada Winter Games.
We are seeking a Director, Information Technology (IT) to help us with our mission. This position is located in the Yukon’s capital, Whitehorse.
The Director of IT is a highly collaborative role working with teams across the organization to deliver IT solutions that improve the customer experience and business processes. The Director is accountable for supporting and improving existing IT functions.
As our Director, IT you will:
- Oversee and lead projects associated with achieving the corporate strategic objectives.
- Lead teams accountable for Business and Process Analysis, IT Infrastructure and Security, Enterprise Application Support, and Project Management.
- Develop, design, implement, deliver and operate IT and business systems technology.
- Manage operations of Business Support Systems (BSS), Operation Support Systems (OSS) and Business Process Management (BPM).
- Provide guidance in the areas of employee relations, recruitment, training and development, project management, budget management, health and safety, and performance management consistent with Company policies and procedures.
- Respond to and collaborate with Business primes to design and deliver IT solutions.
- Prepare and manage all departmental and project budgets.
What you need to ensure you are successful in this role:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related Post Secondary education.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in IT, preferably in the Telecommunications industry or a related field with at least five (5) years experience leading successful teams of IT professionals. A combination of related education and experience maybe considered.
- Broad knowledge of IT systems and solutions, IT Infrastructure, IT Security, application development tools and Industry best practices.
- Strong sense of accountability for assigned objectives and the ability to instil accountability within teams is essential.
- Expertise in at least one of the following areas: Business Support Systems (BSS), Operation Support Systems (OSS) or Business Process Management (BPM) with a basic understanding of IT operations in the other two remaining areas.
- Demonstrated experience in change, incident and release management.
- Excellent communications skills (oral, presentation, written and listening).
- Exceptional project management skills with a proven ability to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Excellent ability to develop operating and project budgets.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational and decision-making capabilities with an ability to adapt to changing circumstances and conditions and connect priorities to the needs of the business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization across all departments, as well as external stakeholders where required.
- Knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
What we offer you:
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Team Incentive Plan & Discounts
- Generous vacation and a vacation travel allowance
- Work-life balance
- Community involvement
How should you apply?
Log onto our website to create a candidate profile and apply before the closing date:
Bulletin # 16-0102