Date: Oct 11, 2018
Location: Toronto, ON, CA, M4Y 2Y5
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Director, Finance Cable Ops
Reporting to the VP Finance Residential, the Director Finance Cable Ops, will be responsible for all aspects of reporting, planning, forecasting, and budgeting for the Cable Operations functions within the Consumer Cable business. Cable Operations entails Cable Product, Technical Operations, Cost of Sales and Sales amongst other functions. The successful candidate will work closely with their Cable Finance peers ensuring a well coordinated finance team that supports the successful achievement of Consumer Cable business and financial objectives.
The Director will support the various SLT members of the Cable business with various reporting, analysis, and insight as may be needed. The successful candidate will also play a critical role in developing and communicating clear and concise risk/opportunity assessments and monthly forecasting updates to Senior Management. This is a highly visible role that will require the ability to present financial results to senior management and to concisely articulate key themes for the business that will lead to enhanced performance. In addition to the above accountabilities, the Director will also have responsibility for overall Consumer Cable cost management and support of the “cost playbook” as well as capital reporting and analysis and financial oversight of all opex and capex related to Ignite TV.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in financial planning and analysis at a senior level in complex environments. Prior experience in forecasting/planning and management reporting is required. Strong leadership, communication, organizational and analytical skills are needed. In addition, a proven track record of delivering results through solid business partnerships is a must. The incumbent will be expected to play a pivotal role in providing value added decision support and strategic thought leadership to all stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
· Lead the month end, forecasting, annual budgets for Cable Operations
· Support your business partners by identifying, prioritizing and communicating business risks and opportunities
· Present budgets, forecasts and value-added analysis to Senior Leadership team on a regular and timely basis, communicating key trends, observations and business impacts
· Participate in the organization's strategic planning process and maintain an understanding of industry trends, key business / cost drivers, accounting policies etc.
· Drive continuous improvement within your finance team and supporting peer groups within Consumer Cable Finance.
· Complete ad hoc requests as necessary
What you have:
· Senior level operational finance experience in telecom/cable and/or technology based consumer products is preferable
· Self-starter, highly motivated, detailed oriented and relentless in the pursuit of process improvement
· Very strong interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated history of engaging with senior leadership in both the business and Finance
· Proven ability to build strong client relationships while being viewed as a trusted and fair source of analytics and support
· Excellent planning and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a high-paced / performance driven environment
· Must be able to work in a cross-functional team environment
· Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, consistently meeting deadlines with accurate and detailed results
· University degree with 15+ years of experience in operational finance
· MBA or CPA is a required
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to provide employment references and successfully complete a background check which includes credit and criminal check.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Financial Planning and Analysis
Requisition ID: 130141
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.