Date: Mar 14, 2019
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Req Id: 232274
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
The Bell Business Markets unit of BCE provides business customers with leading edge voice & data communications products and services to large and medium sized enterprises in Canada.
The BBM Finance team is seeking a highly motivated and proven leader to support the following three core areas:
- Strategy Finance, Corporate Forecasting and Reporting: Leading and overseeing the business unit’s corporate reporting & forecasting consolidation function, strategic and annual planning process. In addition, this role supports the corporate finance team with any ad hoc requests and the quarterly investor relations requirements. This role provides any necessary financial analysis and insights for the strategic development of new breakthrough initiatives through the long-range planning process, including working with value creation and the M&A team on any corporate wide initiatives required.
- Infrastructure Service (IS) FP&A: This role directly support the Infrastructure Service business team with all financial planning and analysis requirements including month-end close, reporting, planning and internal controls. In addition, this role provides leadership and development of solutions and analytics to assist the business in achieving its operational and strategic plan goals.
- Working Capital, Credit and Risk management: This role oversees the credit and risk management function within finance including customer credit approvals, internal controls, credit limit recommendations, and approvals, AR provisioning (AFRA/AFDA) and financial reporting. In addition, this role provides business unit FP&A support for the Working Capital teams including Accounts Receivable and Inventory. In addition, this role will provide recommendations on opportunities to drive operational efficiencies and recommendations to support BCE’s free cash flow goals.
The ideal candidate must have strong business acumen, the ability to manage multiple deliverables under tight timelines and the poise and presence to influence senior executives. In order to be successful, the ideal candidate needs to be comfortable preparing executive level presentations, presenting to executive audiences and be capable of developing strong relationships with multiple stakeholders. Reporting to the Vice-President Finance (BBM), this is a position for a senior leader who is looking for that challenging role that will enhance their career progression.
- Ensure timely and accurate management reporting including P&L, metrics & cash flow.
- Perform critical review of results and plans to ensure underlying business issues are identified, discussed and actioned with executives.
- Prepare and review monthly results and period forecasts to understand market pricing, product mix and cost impacts on financial results.
- Prepare reporting and monitor inventory, cash collections and cash flow forecasts.
- Collaborate with operational teams to understand strategic and operational initiatives and provide financial support and guidance to achieve business unit goals.
- Lead system improvements to automate and streamline existing financial processes.
- Interpret and ensure ongoing adherence to vendor and customer contract terms and conditions.
- Prepare and coordinate in-year and mid-month forecasts, lead cost improvement initiatives and drive business results.
- Develop and mentor a large team of finance professionals.
- Perform special projects and ad hoc analysis as appropriate.
- Highly motivated with a desire to win, relentless in the pursuit of improvement.
- Proven record of accomplishment for helping business partners achieve their financial and operational goals.
- Undergraduate degree in business or finance, Professional accounting designation required, MBA considered an asset.
- 10 years+ experience demonstrating progression through a broad range of roles including FP&A supporting either a business line or other functional group, Consolidated Planning and Reporting, and Working Capital Finance.
- Minimum 5 years+ people leadership experience managing a large team of finance professionals, with a proven track record of building high performing teams.
- Forward thinking and willingness to question status quo.
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Business confidence, professional acumen, and internal initiative.
- Ability to work independently and successfully complete unstructured tasks.
- Bell Business Markets experience and Bilingual language fluency (English/French) considered an asset.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 03/25/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential.