Director, Content Distribution
Division: Content Distribution
Work Status: Full-Time
Location: Toronto, ON
About the Role
Corus has an exciting, full-time opportunity for a Director of Content Distribution at Corus Quay. Reporting to the Vice President, Content Distribution, the successful candidate will lead a team in negotiating distribution agreements for all of Corus’s broadcast networks and long form content within Canada.
The Content Distribution team offers a high-energy, fast-paced environment and contributes a material portion of the total television revenue each year to Corus. The successful candidate will gain exposure to Corus’s entire portfolio of 40+ broadcast networks (including GlobalTV, Disney Channel, YTV, Food Network, History, and HGTV) and will be responsible for securing incremental revenue via Corus’s many distribution partners across Canada. Moreover, they will have the opportunity to play an integral role in shaping the way Corus’s large portfolio of content is made available to Canadians.
- Responsible for the business partnerships between Corus Entertainment and all of its Canadian content distributors.
- Lead the negotiation of multi-year agreements for carriage, distribution, wholesale rates and marketing support. This includes sales related to Corus’s specialty TV portfolio as well as various TVE and VOD licensing agreements.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of key account planning process.
- Provide input on new product innovation to meet expanding customers’ needs.
- Identify regulatory impacts / opportunities on affiliate distribution, provide background analysis, research and arguments to support positions.
- Contribute to developing the annual distribution revenue target and strategic plan.
- Work closely with Corus’s Affiliate Marketing team to support initiatives designed to increase overall subscription to Corus’s portfolio of networks.
What We Need From You:
- Excellent negotiation skills with a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing large revenue generating deals.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting financial and legal documents.
- Ability to lead a small team with well-developed prioritization, time management and multi-taking skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience advocating big picture business activity to senior level management.
- A strategic understanding of the Canadian broadcasting system’s regulatory environment.
- Prior experience working with key decision makers in the Canadian content distribution system is an asset.
- Must enjoy a fast paced environment that is based on team and individual effort.
- Customer focused with experience building strong client relationships.
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Michail.Morias@corusent.com by November 9, 2017.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.