Gusto Worldwide Media is the world’s leading producer of native 4K food and cooking content, for television and digital platforms. In a genre dominated by food competition and contest programs, Gusto Worldwide Media stands out with visually stunning and engaging shows that inspire food lovers around the globe. We need an experienced, motivated and knowledgeable Director of Business Affairs to support our growing production slate and team.
Key duties in the role include:
- Negotiate and prepare contracts, releases, licenses, and agreements necessary to support production activity, with talent, key personnel, service providers, suppliers, broadcasters, distributors, and other business partners.
- Provide guidance to production and finance staff in the preparation of budgets, financial structures, tax credit filings, etc. Research and advise on guidelines and requirements relating to tax credit administration, co-production treaties, and other financing programs/sources.
- Register copyrights, prepare chain of title documentation and ensure that trademark searches are conducted and trademarks registered as required to protect company’s intellectual property. Incorporate subsidiary companies required to carry out production.
- Negotiate with banks providing interim financing and prepare, review and provide all necessary documentation to support financing.
- Secure liability and property insurance coverage for productions, and provide all necessary documentation to enable issuance of policies.
- Liaise with rights organizations/rightsholders regarding licensing and use of IP, and royalty payments and collections.
- Provide secretarial support to Board and shareholders meetings, and prepare reports and proposals to support new strategic initiatives.
- Liaise with corporate legal counsel on matters relating to corporate structure, reporting and compliance, shareholders, litigation, etc.
- Prepare and finalize employment contracts for all full-time staff, and consulting agreements for key freelance crew and creative personnel.
- Contribute to human resources and payroll functions – intake of new employees, benefits, terminations, etc.
- Support administrative services functions, including facilities/office location, IT, corporate insurance coverage, etc. and negotiate/deal with vendors and suppliers and review/prepare contractual agreements when required.
- Monitor and report on external developments (technology, market, regulatory, legal/governance) that could potentially impact the organization.
- As a key member of the management team, contribute to growth, innovation, and profitability through participation in strategy development and budgeting/planning.
For the right person, this is a unique opportunity to participate in and drive the international growth of Gusto's brand. Our objective is nothing less than a re-invention of culinary/food television, and we’re searching for someone whose vision, drive, determination, and boundless energy can help us get us there.
This full-time role will be based in Ottawa. A competitive compensation package, including health and dental benefits, will be provided to the successful candidate.
Please forward your c.v. and cover letter, in confidence (no phone calls please) to firstname.lastname@example.org