We are looking for top talent to fill our new bilingual roles in our Oakville, ON office. We are very excited about the arrival of enthusiastic Francophones, who will spice up the ambiance and the culture at Pelmorex!
What are we about? We’re the #1 weather company in Canada. We’re about providing current, accurate and detailed weather information. Our website is in the top 5 news sites in Canada and our weather app is the most popular weather app in Canada!
Life at Pelmorex: Our founder, Pierre Morrissette, has built a culture where you feel like you’re a part of an extended family. People are friendly. People are accessible. People truly care about each other. Together we’re focused on the future and becoming the international leaders in weather information.
Pelmorex Pride: We are proud to be the undisputed leader of weather and travel information through websites, applications, specialty television networks and commercial weather services. We reach, on average, 40 million users each month. The Weather Network / MétéoMédia are the #1 Weather App in Canada with 4.2M unique average users. We also have the #1 iPad Weather App in Canada and a 2M average monthly reach on Desktop & Tablets (generating 113M average monthly page views). Our number one focus is our employees and we have won numerous awards for outstanding achievement in employee satisfaction, including being named one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies and Canadian HR Team of the Year Award 2015.
We’re all about the WOW: We need people with ideas; people who challenge the status quo and think outside the box. We need enthusiastic people and collaborators. We’re looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers. Most of all, we’re looking for people who are passionate about what they do and about the weather. Does this sound like you? To find out, you’ll need to apply!
Perks: Just a few reasons to join our amazing team include competitive salary and benefits, a casual work environment and summer hours. We offer endless tea and fresh coffee, a busy social calendar of events and proximity to great amenities. We have plenty of free parking and are a few-minutes’ walk to the nearest bus stop.
Digital Media Archivist
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Oakville, ON
Bilingual is Essential: French & English
We absolutely require bilingual Talent (French/English) to ensure that we deliver the best final product to our viewers. Employees working for the MétéoMédia operations will communicate in French between the Montreal and Oakville offices.
As a Digital Media Archivist, you will be responsible to maintain a company-wide content repository. The purpose of this system, both physical and intellectual, is to organize, preserve and make accessible all content of enduring value. This content consists of video, data, images, graphics, music and audio.
The Job: A day in the life of a Digital Media Archivist:
- Maintain protocols, standards, and activities related to video archiving and functions across company offices. Develop, formalize, and administer standard operating procedures to document, store and provide access to incoming video from a variety of sources
- Oversee all facets of the archiving process, ensuring that all relevant video is properly processed and ingested into the archive on a timely basis, and as necessary, performing video archiving duties
- Ensure that all other existing and new content assets of enduring value are adequately stored so that they are safe, preserved, and easily accessible. Take ownership of content database, consisting of both current and archived data
- Assign both broad descriptions of each content asset type and specific meta-data to facilitate effective searching by users. Ensure that rights information from a variety of different suppliers is properly captured and clearly communicated to users
- Ensure that appropriate archiving tools are in place and are serving employee and user needs as best as possible
- Log the withdrawal of content assets by a user and policies that pertain to a user’s responsibility, including the return of an asset, if appropriate
- Identify the specific, evolving functional requirements to submit, process, store, and make available all content assets possessed by the company. Work with technical managers to determine the related system requirements. Oversee the implementation and operation of all hardware and software related to a networked content repository
Roles, responsibilities and duties may evolve and change over time
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Science or Journalism
- 3 – 5 years of experience developing and maintaining a media archive
- Understanding of graphics or TV/online production
- Working knowledge of Video Editing systems such as Final Cut Pro is an asset
- Knowledge of the Ardome media asset management system is an asset
- Bilingual (French/English)
What makes you shine?
- Team player & develops strong working relationships
- Ability to work in an information technology environment
- Problem solver
- Ability to manage resources in remote office
- Plans and documents effectively
- Detailed and organized
- Good communication
Send your resume to HireMe@pelmorex.com. Please quote “Digital Media Archivist” or in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of third party pre-employment background checks.
Pelmorex Media Inc. is committed to equity in the workplace.