At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Marketing Manager on our Consumer Advertising team working in our Calgary corporate office. Reporting to the Manager, Digital Marketing, the successful candidate will be accountable for the digital activities related to the management and retention of existing Shaw customers.
• Work with our Customer Base Management strategy team to execute the creative and media work needed to implement their programs, including driving product adoption, increasing revenue, and reducing churn through digital and traditional marketing channels
• Work with your Digital Advertising team on the media and creative strategies that will drive website traffic, digital retention programs and other programs from the CBM team
• Analyze and troubleshoot digital marketing campaigns and make recommendations for improvements
• Consult with in-house creative and marketing teams to develop digital campaign creative
• Collaborate with third party vendors and our Digital Experience and Technology Teams to drive our digital initiatives forward
• Work with Digital Operations team on optimization of campaigns against KPIs such as CTR, CPC, COA and base growth.
• Monitor, optimize, and communicate critical performance metrics (ROI, CTR, conversion data, traffic, bounce, etc.)
• Help create testing and optimization strategies for creative, user experience and conversion funnel
• Work closely with Consumer Analytics to report on learnings and campaign success with post-analysis and dashboards. Ensure results are shared with key stakeholders and learnings are incorporated into future campaigns
A typical day
Your day will consist of meetings where you are collaborating with team members to get alignment on strategies or presenting business results from a campaign that just ended. During blocks of time where you are at your desk, you are responding to emails, working on budget forecasting, identifying areas for improvement and optimization and planning your next campaign. As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will attend a variety of team meetings to collaborate with the CBM team as well as team meetings to help support online testing & experience. You will also have the opportunity to join projects where you work on improving existing processes and help Shaw build its best digital future.
You are surrounded by a rock star team that is eager to help you but also empowers you to work hard. You have found a group of people that all truly care about the work they are doing.
• Post-secondary education in Business or Marketing is preferred.
• Minimum 7-10 years Digital Marketing experience or similar
• Experience in the consumer products, marketing, or telecommunications industry is preferred
• Familiarity with legal email requirements, including CASL
• Understanding on online advertising creative development and media planning/buying
• Experience building consumer-facing digital services and experiences
• Experience with website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.) is beneficial
• Experience with Tealium IQ Tag Management and Audience Stream is an asset
• Familiarity with the agile business practice, including Jira workflows and scrums
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proven ability to manage projects and competing priorities, while maintaining great attention to detail
• Able to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
• Strong sense of teamwork and the ability to work with cross-functional teams
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization
Meet the team
Claire Levesque – Manager, Digital Marketing
Lisa Cooke – VP, Marketing
This role is not location specific. Applicants will be hired in any primary Shaw location (Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto) and will not be required to relocate for this role.
Travel to other Shaw locations may be required.
Posting closing date:November 30, 2020
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.