Are you passionate about digital news? Looking to innovate? Want to work with a talented, hard-working team?
Come and play a key role at CHCH News, a multiplatform news organization headlined by Canada’s leading local heritage station, CHCH-TV. We genuinely care about each other and about working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best selves to work. We have a strong commitment to quality news programming across multiple platforms serving the dynamic and rapidly growing regions of Hamilton, Halton and Niagara.
● Work with a team of hard-working and talented journalists and producers, guiding them in digital best practices, especially SEO
● Source stories, create, find, and upload compelling news content – written and visual – for our various platforms and social streams.
● Analyze analytics for audience insights to maximize the data produced by our feeds in order to help drive decision making and improve engagement
● Know how to work with and maximize online platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok
● Write and edit copy for CHCH.com
● Manage multiple social media streams and execute content and social media strategies
● Build the profile and relevance of CHCH’s online and social media presences
● Lead the digital content team
● Monitor social media and news feeds for breaking news
● Instruct news gathering crews under the guidance of, and in concert with, the Assignment Editor and show Producers
● Work independently with other teams to develop interactive and explanatory features for news specials
● Keep on top of trends and latest digital innovations and emerging mobile news standards
● Demonstrate ability to think visually when crafting a story
● Handle multiple tasks and maintain creativity in a deadline oriented environment
● Conduct research and keep meticulous files
● Other duties as required
The ideal candidate must:
● Possess at least three years of digital news production experience
● Possess at least three years of editorial decision making experience
● Be an excellent communicator, especially in pressure situations
● Have a working knowledge of a video newsroom
● Be well organized
● Be prepared to work various shifts and weekends
● Be proficient in CP Style
● Have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
● Have a working knowledge of WordPress and other tools
● Familiarity with the newsmakers and current events of the Hamilton, Halton and Niagara areas is an asset
Here’s what you can expect in return:
● Competitive salary and benefits
● An open environment receptive to new ideas
● A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at CHCH
● A team that trusts and wants to win together
● Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
Posting Date: August 11th 2022
Application Deadline: 5:00 pm, August 25th
New union position under review
Please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com quoting CHCH-DL-2022-08
2190015 Ontario Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce.
2190015 Ontario Inc. is a member of the Channel Zero group of companies and along with its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
CHCH-TV started broadcasting in 1954 and is proud to be the news leader for Hamilton and the surrounding Halton and Niagara regions. CHCH produces over 24 hours of original local news programming each week. With a primetime line-up anchored by movies, news magazine shows, and hit dramas, CHCH is available to over 92% of Ontario households and is viewed by millions nationally each week. CHCH News is produced daily out of its broadcast studio located in Hamilton, Ontario. For more information, please visit chch.com.