Date: Apr 20, 2019
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Req Id: 232986
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Location: 1205 Avenue Papineau, Montreal, QC
Status: Temporary - Full time (12-14 month contract)
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
The Digital Content Editor works closely with the editorial and development teams to create and deliver video content optimized for mobile and social platforms. Reporting to the Digital Content Producer, the Digital Content Editor is expected to:
- Clip, package and publish news content for CTV News digital platforms
- Create original video content for CTVNews.ca and various social media platforms
- Develop and deliver visual elements based on leading industry best practices
- Ensure all digital content meets the highest journalistic standards and adheres to CTV News standards
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Newsroom experience is essential
- Proficient in After Effects
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Proficient in video editing
- Superb attention to detail, flexible, and adaptable
- Degree, diploma or certificate in Journalism or Communications
- Exceptionally organized, self-motivated and creative
- Possess exceptional and proven visual storytelling skills
- Experience publishing content using a CMS (Content management system)
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain creativity in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment
- Knowledge of news management system, preferably iNews
- Strong writing and copy editing skills
- Proficient in Canadian Press style
- Ability to identify and master social media trends
- Ability to make independent editorial decisions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well individually and/or in a team
- Strategic knowledge of Canadian and world news
- Background in graphic design or multimedia production
- Fluent in English and French with no significant limitations
Bilingualism is required (English and French).
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Temporary - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 04/29/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential.