Status: 12 month Contract
Location: Toronto, ON
About the Role:
Global Toronto’s News Department has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Broadcast Journalist – Videojournalist – One Year Contract
This role reaffirms our commitment to a multi-platform, digital-first approach, to build the future of news. As part of the Global News team which generates news content 24/7, you will report directly to the Managing Editor.
Do you have a highly developed set of editorial skills in shooting, editing, writing and producing video content?
If you answered yes to these questions, Corus has a job for you as a Digital Broadcast Journalist – Videojournalist.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Initiate and develop story and feature ideas through contact development, research and interviews
- Shoot, write, voice and edit news stories for broadcast and online
- Post tweets and Facebook updates as story is being developed
- Demonstrate strong editorial, visual and communications skills
- Work effectively under pressure with ability to meet deadlines
- Display highly developed production values and present yourself effectively live and on recordings
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Diploma/Degree in Journalism/Broadcasting or equivalent experience
• Experienced journalist capable of reporting and anchoring daily news and Community Events
• Minimum two years prior reporting/anchoring experience is required
• Strong writing and storytelling skills
• Demonstrate strong news judgment in line with station objectives
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to adjust to changing priorities and objectives
• Ability to work independently
• Must demonstrate accountability and teamwork
• Must work well under pressure, possess a desire to be the best, have a positive can-do attitude
• Be able to meet strict deadlines, and work co-operatively with others in a teamwork setting
• Working knowledge of new media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc..) and related applications
• Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows as well as show a willingness to learn new online skills in a multi-faceted digital news operation
• Familiarity with current state of online news reporting and where it’s headed
• Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system
• Must be proficient in creating, curating and developing content using digital operating systems for multiple platforms
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalTorontoCareers@corusent.com by March 11, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.