Position Language Requirement Bilingual (English / French)
Language Skill Levels (Reading / Writing / Speaking) - - -
Status of Employment Permanent
Work schedule(s) Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
This is a temporary, full time (2 years).
CBC Ottawa is looking for a creative digital associate producer with a unique blend of journalistic and digital production skills.
As the Digital Associate Producer you will be a key point person in the station for all incoming video, ensuring that the best video gets to digital platforms first. You are a creative storyteller at heart. You will edit video with digital and social platforms in mind, suggesting treatments and requesting graphics as needed. You’re a quick thinker and a clear communicator known for your ability to collaborate with a wide range of people. You are happy to roll up your sleeves and help out to make sure the audience gets served.
You are keenly interested in how audience habits around video are changing and you aim to be ahead of the pack when it comes to using new tools, graphics, storytelling methods and social platforms.
With appropriate direction from one or more Producers, the Associate Producer plans, conceives, organizes, and/or develops the production and realization of digital content. Work must adhere to CBC journalistic and/or program policies, standards and practices. Nevertheless, there is wide latitude for initiative, independent judgment and creativity.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Job requires a university degree or equivalent.
- Job requires a minimum of two years relevant experience in a multi-media environment and expertise in creating/disseminating online content.
- Proven knowledge of emerging social platforms and experience telling stories on those platforms.
- Excellent writing skills that will engage the audience on any platform.
- Ensures all content meets CBC's Journalistic Standards and Procedures.
- Experience editing audio and video,uploading and using metadata tools.
- Proven skills telling stories with video for digital platforms.
- A strong grasp of how audiences like to watch video on digital platforms based on and understanding of the research on the subject.
- Well-developed administrative and organizational abilities.
- Keeps up to date on technological and media change, with the ability to master new platforms quickly and assist the newsroom in being at the forefront of emerging technological trends that affect the media.
- Good editorial judgment and critical-thinking skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment and with tight deadlines, without sacrificing creativity or quality.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Confidence in recommending content to both broadcast and digital platforms.
- Ability to take critical feedback and incorporate it into the work.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills: Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to clearly explain concepts to peers.
- French language skills are considered a strong asset.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work patterns and methods.
- Independent and self-motivated, combined with the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities and respond to competing demands in a deadline-driven environment.
- Flexibility with regard to hours of work as well as ability to work overtime as needed.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit theDiversity and Inclusion
section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.