Date: Nov 15, 2018
Location: Kelowna, BC, CA
Req Id: 219398
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief inour company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV — Canada's #1 television network, and the country's most-watched specialty channels. It is a critical component of Bell’s commitment to leverage strategic investments in broadband networks to offer Canadians the best available content on any of the four screens they choose: television, smartphone, tablet and computer.
Position: Digital Account Specialist, Bell Media
Location: 435 Bernard Avenue, Kelowna BC
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, overtime as required
Bell Media has committed to becoming a leader in local online media. We are looking to hire a knowledgeable and passionate Digital Account Specialist to act as a change-agent at the station level and lead our digital sales. This position is for charismatic, creative, dynamic sales professionals who like to work collaboratively with other sales representatives to develop customized advertiser solutions.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager for BCI Radio and Local TV with a dotted line to the Director of Digital Sales, responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for digital sales budget
- Work in a peer-to-peer relationship with Account Executives and sales managers across the BC Interior region to help maximize interactive sales opportunities
- Work as a positive agent for change in style and thinking at the station level across all departments
- Actively participate in the station’s marketing and sales meetings
- Work with Regional Sales Manager and Director of Digital Sales to develop sales materials and pricing for Bell Media’s digital products (Product and Pricing Guide)
- Initiate and manage ideas for the Account Executives and assist them in selling
- Create mock-ups, presentations, recaps and other sales materials
- Share responsibility for producing the weekly Digital Sales Report including actual sales, presell activity and pending sales
- Create ad products and sales presentations
- Be an expert at recognizing and properly identifying key issues that are impeding the project’s progress as they arise throughout the year
- Brainstorm ideas for interactive features to increase online sales opportunities and continuously have new ideas/packages to offer sales
- Participate on bi-weekly divisional conference calls
- Work closely with the RSM and DDS to continuously eliminate obstacles to success
- Train and develop new Account Executives, Managers and team members that join the organization
- Keep on top of latest digital trends, research, information etc. and assess value to the business
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 - 3 years of digital experience, radio and/or television experience is a strong asset
- 2 - 3 years of sales experience is also a strong asset
- Knowledgeable about the metrics of digital media, traditional media, especially radio, television and print
- A self-starter, outgoing, assertive with great communication skills
- Highly organized
- Superior interpersonal and collaborative skills; outstanding presenter
- Experienced in selling creative interactive products with proven non-traditional revenue-generating account successes
- Inextinguishable passion for the interactive space
- Comfortable with a strategic selling approach
- Able to develop client proposals using all relevant software programs including Word, Excel, Power Point and related graphics programs
- Some travel will be required in this role
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Non Management
Job Location: Canada : British Columbia : Kelowna
Application Deadline: 12/07/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.