Date: Feb 25, 2019
Location: Toronto, ON, CA, M4Y 2Y5
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Businesses depend on system reliability and digital quality assurance for fulfilling its product and market demands, without compromising on the customer experience in order to achieve a successful digital transformation. Because of this, the demand for assuring a flawless performance of systems and superior customer experience has reached a peak in this digital world. End to End Digital Quality Assurance meets the increasing needs and demands for adequate and timely testing of customer-facing digital experiences.
You will be a part of an Agile Scrum Team in our Digital Group delivering automated test scripts for mobile applications and websites. The successful candidate will possess a combination of business and development skills and must be extremely detail-oriented and able to adapt to the dynamic changes in Digital. The person must poses a drive to challenge and change existing processes and norms and work with other stakeholders to drive improvements and efficiencies in QA process.
What will you do?
- Work closely with business and product owners, developers, IT teams, and other quality engineers in a highly collaborative environment to prioritize and execute test automation scripts
- Design, develop, execute automation scripts and analyze automation test results
- Analyze requirements and identify required testing, as well as participate in planning and estimation throughout development cycle
- Support in driving the architecture for automation of testing framework for all projects and develop effective, reusable and maintainable automated functional test framework and test cases to achieve maximum code coverage (create the automation suite especially for regression testing)
- Ensure test automation design is traceable to requirements or existing manual test cases and automation scripts function well across all supported browsers and platforms
- Design and execute validation and verification of product design, logic, systems, and algorithms to meet product requirements within Digital group
- Develop checklists, frameworks, processes, tests, methodologies and best practices to ensure effective and efficient validations of text, images, and videos of applications across devices
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technology degree
- 3 to 5 years of related software development and QA experience
- 1 year+ of experience working within Agile environment
- Experience leading test case design at different levels, test optimization and automation efforts and identifying automation opportunities
- Experience working with Jira/Confluence or similar tools
- Knowledge of DevOps operations and test integration processes and tools and experience using source configuration tools (Git, etc.)
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong critical thinking skills and an aptitude for problem solving; ability to break down seemingly complex problems into simplified and manageable parts
- Extreme attention-to-detail and ability to prioritize and focus, while effectively managing multiple and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Energetic and customer-centric
- Flexible and positive attitude; proven experience partnering with technical and design teams, clearly articulating business priorities and managing through conflict
- Perform work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong drive to continuous improvement of the role through automation and applying best-in-class, leading industry thinking
- Articulate and document business testing requirements and processes for new features and enhancements
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Digital & eCommerce
Requisition ID: 149475
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.