6080 Young St, Halifax, NS B3K, Canada Req #576
Monday, November 26, 2018
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
Reporting to the Manager, Desktop Support, the IT Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for providing IT related support to Eastlink employees in person and remotely. Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Deliver technical support to Eastlink employees to resolve technical issues
• Install, configure and maintain desktop computer hardware and software applications
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues with desktops, laptops, associated peripherals, operating systems, and desktop application software
• Utilize IT Support trouble ticketing system to document resolutions and close assigned tickets promptly
• Contribute to maintaining the IT Lab, hardware inventory and accurate software license records
• Fulfill IT Help Desk Admin duties on an as needed basis; monitor the phone and incoming emails so that you can assign tickets appropriately
The successful candidate will be customer focused, have exceptional leadership, communication and troubleshooting ability and thrives in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
• Technical university degree or diploma from a recognized educational institution
• 1-3 years experience installing, analyzing, and supporting Desktops, Laptops, periphery equipment and application software
• Solid understanding of LAN interconnectivity concepts and Desktop computing security considerations
• Proficient in the configuration and use of Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, and standard desktop application packages such as MS Office /2010/2013/2016
• Strong problem solving skills with a demonstrated aptitude for troubleshooting PC hardware and software related problems
• Previous experience in a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment preferred
• Previous experience in a customer service focused role preferred
• Ability to work overtime hours as required and be available for participation in a rotational On Call schedule for after hours’ support
• Valid driver’s license, ability to travel locally required and provide a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.