Halifax, NS, Canada
Tuesday, September 8, 2020
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
Reporting to the Manager of Data Solutions, the Data Solutions Developer is a key contributor to the continued expansion and evolution of data storage and delivery at Eastlink. The Data Solutions Developer is primarily responsible for developing the Eastlink data foundation to align with the goal of delivering data as a service to the organization. This includes the design and build of data architectures through ETL and ELT processes from multiple source systems. They will be experienced with data warehousing best practices, familiar with cloud-based data storage, and be highly proficient in SQL and scripting language using both structured and semi-structured data sources. Previous experience with AWS and Snowflake will be considered an asset.
Experience & Qualifications
• 3-5 years experience in Data Warehousing architecture, with knowledge of cloud-based warehousing platforms such as Snowflake
• Proficient in PowerShell, and expert SQL skill
• Experience using API calls and processing JSON/XML data files
• Comfortable to work in a collaborative, agile environment
• Strong analytical skills – to identify bugs and issues quickly, understanding business requirements and translating those requirements into technical specifications
• Modeling of data structures
• Design and Build of database tables to support data solution requirements
• Design and Build of ETL processes, including effective scheduling, error handling and archiving
• Continued maintenance and enhancement/versioning of existing data architectures
• Collaborative code reviews and validation on deliverables for the team
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.