Young Tower, 6080 Young St, Halifax, NS B3K 5L2, Canada Req #670
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
Reporting to the Manager, Customer Insights & Analytic, and the Data Analyst is a key contributor to create data-driven solutions to deliver business insights and enable better decisions to drive growth.
This is a four month term position.
- Work with various teams to identify and integrate new data sources to address business needs.
- Explore various sources of information to uncover business opportunities and customer insights.
- Develop, test, and score predictive and prescriptive statistical models.
- Present findings, conclusions and recommendations in a clear and understandable way.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or a relevant discipline;
- Strong background in statistics and data analytics;
- Proficiency in Python and/or R;
- Proficiency in SQL;
- Experience with data visualization tools. Microsoft Power BI and/or Tableau;
- Experience with Alteryx is considered an asset.
The successful candidate will have an inquisitive mindset with strong analytical and problem solving skills. They will have a drive to learn and master new technologies and have the ability to leverage information assets to support business goals and strategies.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.