Position Language Requirement English Only
Language Skill Levels (Reading / Writing / Speaking) – – –
Status of Employment Contract
Work schedule(s) Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Please note that this is a contract position. The anticipated start date is January 2019 and the anticipated end date is March 29, 2019, with the possibility of an extension.
Reporting to and working with the Senior Manager of Business Analysis & Strategic Planning, your main objective will be to help drive a project focused on Production Metrics, transforming data from a wide variety of different sources and systems into actionable business insights. You will also be working on a number of additional business analyses focused on finding operational efficiencies and informing executive decision making, both within the Media Operations department and beyond.
You are a naturally curious and proactive data storyteller, who excels in data analysis, and who is comfortable using data visualisation tools to articulate and present valuable insights. You enjoy learning new software and methodologies, and are highly organized. You have an aptitude to drive and support significant process and reporting improvements at the CBC, and are capable of consulting with a wide variety of internal stakeholders to gather information and drive actionable, results-oriented recommendations from analyses.
- Work closely with key stakeholders within the department to gather and analyze data.
- Design, develop and generate BI dashboards, visualizations, and/or advanced analytics reports.
- Provide strong analytical support to the Senior Manager.
- All other tasks, assignments, duties or projects as required by the Senior Manager.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- BA/BSc (or working towards) with focus on Analytics, Computer Science, Finance, or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Skilled in data visualization.
- Knowledge and experience with data mining, modeling and analysis techniques.
- Experience using database, spreadsheet, statistical and reporting tools on large data sets.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, manipulate, and disseminate significant amounts of information with strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present findings, write up reports, etc.
- Self-motivated, quick-learning, curious and resourceful self-starter.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge and/or experience with data extraction: SQL, Visual Basic, etc. (an asset).
- Personal interest and/or experience in the Media & Entertainment industry.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion
section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.