A little about us
At Freedom, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings affordable wireless services to Canadians. We provide not only the wireless freedom Canadians want, but the wireless freedom Canadians deserve and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
Freedom Mobile Inc. is currently seeking a Cybersecurity Principal to join their team. Reporting to the Director of Cyber Security Operations, this position is based in Toronto, ON and is responsible for Freedom’s cybersecurity, day-to-day execution, and posture. The successful candidate will be a Senior Security subject matter expert within the Shaw Enterprise Security & Risk organization with a focus on Freedom Mobile, a subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc.
A typical day
• Manage and support Freedom Mobile cybersecurity operations and security architecture
• Design, implement and operate core Enterprise Security Architecture and Services
• Monitor enterprise environments for gaps in security controls and design and implement remediation tasks
• Maintain and enhance security monitoring tools to improve security monitoring
• Work with Enterprise Security and Operational teams to improve Security practices and standards
• Support and provide visibility to the custody, care, and control of all aspects of our customer and enterprise-wide data from threats both externally and internally.
• Support the security operational safeguards for the intellectual property and protection of all technology assets.
• Participate in Information security risk assessments, incident response and investigation, and provide remediation recommendations where required.
• Implementation of Enterprise Security policies, standards, guidelines, and best practices within Freedom Mobile, as part of the Enterprise Security model.
• Work with the broader Shaw Security teams to ensure monitoring of existing systems, and ensure compliance with security policies, activities, and standards.
• Support the adherence to security governance processes of the organization’s long-term security strategy and risk management.
• Participate in the development of security strategies to mitigate risks arising from new projects and changes to existing practices.
• Minimum of 5 years of directly related risk management and cyber security experience, with at least 3 years of information security experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience.
• CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) certification is required.
• Certifications in one or more of the following would be beneficial: CISM (Certified Information Security Manager) or CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) .
• Experience in large scale, enterprise-wide security intrusion monitoring, detection, and incident remediation activities.
• Expert knowledge of cybersecurity trends, technologies, and their applicability to the telecommunications industry.
• Strong technical experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure
• Experience in enterprise risk management for partner-lead and cloud-based solutions.
• Experience in adapting a large organization from predominantly internal technology solutions to more partner-lead and cloud-based solutions.
• Experience providing risk management solutions to an organization that offers anytime, anywhere, any platform access to its people.
• Strong technical experience in identifying security control gaps and implementing technical and procedural controls.
• Strong technical experience with configuration and management of Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and security technologies supporting Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), Privileged Identity Management (PIM), Malware prevention, and Vulnerability Management.
• Experience in endpoint detection and
• Strong relationship building skills with the ability to understand business objectives.
• Ability to be successful in a dynamic, disruptive, and transformational organization.
• In-depth experience in information risk concepts, protocols, industry best practices, principles, and techniques as a means of relating business objectives to security controls.
• Strong understanding of risk and information security frameworks such as International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 27000 family, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Control Objectives for Information & Related Technology (COBIT).
• Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
• Canadian government security clearance would be beneficial.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check
• This role is location-specific
• This role is in Toronto, within our Freedom Headquarters located at 207 Queen Quay West
• Flexible work arrangements can be considered
• Is travel required? Minimal to no travel required
Posting closing date:September 11, 2020
Freedom Mobile is a subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Broadcast Services. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.