Work Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe an inclusive workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and our different perspectives create better solutions we invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Cyber Intelligence Analyst
Shaw Communications is currently seeking a Cyber Intelligence Analyst position to join our team. Reporting to the Manager Cyber Intelligence, this position is based in Calgary, AB and will be accountable for the success of the cyber Intelligence team, as well as the monitoring and protection of cyber threats for all Shaw companies.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
Cyber Intelligence functions
• Develop and distribute accurate cyber intelligence information, briefings, and reports to all relevant systems, groups, business units and partners in a timely manner.
• Develop, onboard and track new cyber intelligences sources, and information.
• Perform threat analysis, modeling, trending, and reporting for threat awareness, anticipation and to proactively protect the organization.
Offensive and Defensive Countermeasures
• Perform threat modeling.
• Perform threat hunting.
• Implement countermeasures to reduce new, existing and reoccurring threats.
• Perform and coordinate red and blue team exercises.
• Develop and maintain advance countermeasures.
• Help develop, maintain, and operate the offensive and defensive counter measures capabilities of the organization.
Cyber Incident Response
• Develop, maintain, and operate the Cyber Incident Response Plan of the Organization
• Develop and provide Tier3 assistance of the Cyber Incident Response tools, and capabilities of the organization.
• Perform advanced monitoring, assessments, forensics analysis and investigations of
Cyber security events and threats.
• Ensure security incidents are properly addressed, tracked, and reported.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years of information security experience.
• Certifications in one or more of the following are required: CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), Sans GIAC certifications in one of the following areas: Cyber Defense, Penetration testing, Incident Response and Forensics, CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker Certification).
• Experience in ethical hacking is an asset
• Experience in large scale, enterprise-wide threat monitoring, detection, threat hunting and remediation activities and tools. (SIEM, EDR, IPS, etc)
• Exercise critical thinking in identifying external trends in information security threats and correlating to internal activity.
• Practical experience in developing threat detection signatures such as Yara, OpenIOC, Snort, ClamAV, Cybox, STIXX, etc.
• Experience in the analysis and reversing of malware and attacks.
• Fundamental understanding and practical experience when dealing with advanced threats and hacking methodologies/Tools.
• Fundamental understanding and practical experience with monitoring deep/dark web, threat actors, campaigns, malware families, etc.
• Understanding of security controls and related threats for common platforms and devices, including Windows, Unix, Linux, and network equipment
• Strong understanding of the principles and techniques of security threat analysis.
• Experience working in an enterprise with diverse organizations, teams, practices and technologies.
• Have strong analytical skills and deep security subject matter expertise across various platforms including non-security focused technologies.
• Provide expert level knowledge of tools and technologies used for enterprise security.
• Detailed understanding of security architecture / design best practices, processes, and concepts.
• Ability to perform effectively under tight deadlines with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to be successful in a dynamic, disruptive and transformational organization.
• Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
• Canadian government security clearance would be beneficial.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal, credit background check and upon acceptance, security clearances with the government of Canada and the RCMP.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Business Unit: TOPS
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.