Execulink is searching for a full-time Customer Service Technician for our team in Burgessville!
Are you someone who likes working outside and has experience with “fibre to the home” installations?
Do you enjoy identifying potential issues and implementing solutions?
Are you passionate about providing an excellent customer service experience?
About this Opportunity:
You will responsible for installation and repair of our core services. This primarily includes Voice, Data and Video over fibre optics, but may occasionally include other mediums such as copper and wireless solutions.
• Permanent full-time, forty (40) hours per week.
• Regular hours 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., weekdays and weekends.
• Must have ability to work flexible hours as demanded by the system including early mornings & part of an on-call rotation schedule
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Complete installation of our services for Residential and Corporate customers, while adhering to all safety standards
• Promote and explain equipment and services by demonstration and discussion
• Maintain a general level of knowledge covering all current equipment, technologies and standards
• Investigate and respond to needs of all customers, internal and external, according to normal or established procedures
• Analysing, isolating and repairing troubles causing impaired service
• Maintain regular direct responsibility with customer relations for installations, repairs, and outages
• Receive technical direction from other team technicians
• Underground cable locating and reporting
• Prepare plans, time sheets, repair work orders and other reports as necessary, using standard abbreviation and field or function codes
• Involved in Order/Inventory management for all equipment
• Ensure vehicles and all equipment are properly maintained at all times
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
• Ability to handle the physical aspects of the job which include working at heights, climbing on residential/commercial rooftops, working off of ladders, consistently lifting and carrying up to fifty (50) pounds, clearly identifying cable colours, running and mounting of hardware/cabling, as well as working in adverse weather conditions
• Skilled in performing cabling, mechanical jobs and the use of power tools
• Computer proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft products is required
• Knowledge in Telecommunication Services, with a primary focus on Fibre services, as well as related test equipment.
• Proven ability to identify potential problems and challenging situations, take appropriate action, implement solutions or seek the assistance of the Technician and/or Supervisor as required
• Proven ability to perform required responsibilities independently, with limited supervision and direction, within a fast-paced, changing environment
• The ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner with a strong focus on customer service
• Fibre splicing and testing is an asset
• Must be open to completing and passing the following training: Fall Arrest, Emergency First Aid and Ladder Training
• Must have a valid Class G Driver’s License, clean driving record and your own reliable vehicle.
• A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement savings, health & wellness program, employee discount plan, tuition reimbursement program & interest free computer loans!
• A rewarding, challenging, and fun place to work, and all of the benefits that go along with it!
How to Apply:
• In your cover letter tell us why you think you would excel as a member of our team!
• Submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com
**Execulink is conducting all interviews through video chat in order to comply with COVID-19 precautionary measures and government-regulated social distancing. **
At Execulink Telecom, the largest locally owned independent telecom company in Southwestern Ontario, our only goal is to enhance your lifestyle at home, work and play. As we grow rapidly, we have an unwavering commitment to continue to build a positive team, with a friendly, family spirited approach. The selection of exceptional talent is important to us! When you join Execulink, you’re joining a team that’s focused on not only providing an AWESOME experience to our customers, but to our employees as well. We live and breathe our Mission, Vision and Values, and are searching for individuals who are excited to contribute and do the same!
Execulink Telecom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.