BCE is seeking a lawyer with exceptional written advocacy skills, a keen interest in policy, and the ability to manage large complex files, to join its Legal & Regulatory Affairs team in downtown Toronto.
As Counsel, Legal & Regulatory Affairs you will be part of a dynamic group of legal, business, and policy professionals working on a variety of issues of strategic importance to Bell’s operations. You will advance the business interests of Bell’s residential, business, wireless, and media business units through advocacy before government departments and regulatory agencies such the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC), and in related litigation.
Reporting to the Senior Counsel, Legal & Regulatory Affairs, you will support the company’s business objectives through your skillful advocacy, diligence, and eagerness to learn. You will be responsible for:
- Researching and drafting submissions on a range of regulatory and policy issues, in collaboration with colleagues from across Bell’s business units and the Legal & Regulatory Affairs team
- Developing and advancing Bell’s strategy in the key strategic areas of wireless regulatory and spectrum policy
- Managing and supporting a range of copyright and anti-piracy litigation and related enforcement programs
- Staying on top of the latest developments and best practices in emerging areas of copyright, telecommunications, and privacy law and translating those into practical advice
- Working closely with your business and finance colleagues to produce evidence required to support submissions and litigation
- 2 to 5 years of litigation, regulatory, competition law, or other advocacy- or policy-focused experience in a law firm, corporation, or government department
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Ability to understand data and deploy it effectively in advocacy
- Strong research skills
- Highly organized, diligent, and able to meet deadlines and manage complex projects
- Team player who enjoys collaborating to complete large and important projects
- Strategic and creative thinker with strong analytical ability
- Called to the Bar in Ontario or Quebec
Other valued competencies:
- Ability to apply diverse experience and perspectives to identify new issues and approaches the Legal & Regulatory Affairs team and BCE
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Highly proficient in communicating clearly and effectively using PowerPoint
- Experience with civil procedure (Ontario, Quebec, or Federal Court)
- Familiarity with telecommunications industry and technologies
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.