WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities we serve. We empower our employees to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
Based in Brandon, MB the Corporate IT Technician will mainly be responsible for assisting staff with installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of end-user computer systems (desktops/laptops), handheld mobile devices, peripheral equipment and software while complying with the given standards and guidelines. A primary deliverable of this position is to help Westman staff make efficient use of the corporate IT systems to perform their jobs effectively.
What you’ll do:
• Procurement, installation, configuration and troubleshooting of end-user computer hardware, software, systems, networks (LAN), printers, scanners, mobile devices (cell phones, tablets etc.) and desk phones, televisions, postage machines and other IT peripherals for Westman staff
• Reviewing and fulfilling all hardware and software needs for new and transitioning team members; setting up and managing employee user accounts
• Logging and processing support calls and maintaining support call queues; responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
• Planning and undertaking scheduled end-user system maintenance, upgrades, and hardware/software replacements; testing new end-user hardware/software technology for compatibility and integration with other Westman systems
• Provide support in testing and deployment of new applications and systems
• Coordinate with vendors and suppliers to resolve technical problems with the IT equipment and software
What you’ll bring to the team:
• Certificate or diploma in Information Technology or a related field. Certifications in MCDST, MCP, and/or CompTIA A+/Network+ is considered an asset
• Expertise in the configuration and troubleshooting of MS-Windows operating system
• Knowledge of Unix based operating systems (Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, etc.) with a familiarity of desktop and laptop computer systems and components
• Strong analytical skills with proven ability to prioritize workload and meet or exceed deadlines
• A team player with excellent listening and communication skills (both written and verbal)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open until filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.