Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
The IMS Core Network Planner/Engineer is responsible for planning and engineering Eastlink wireless IMS/VoLTE core network. The successful candidate will design IMS core network architecture, dimension all interconnections between core elements, towards the rest of the relevant part of the wireless network, as well as ensure that all required functionalities are covered. This role will also be in charge of managing the life cycle of IMS network elements. Working on day-to-day problems and supporting our Customer Tier2 team. The candidate will also responsible for the QoS of core IMS network and routine reporting of IMS network KPIs.
- Responsible for properly managing all Core production infrastructure
- Troubleshoot issues and alerts, escalate when necessary
- Perform troubleshooting to support the Operations and Customer Support teams. Develop and follow Operation Procedure documents
- Perform and deliver configuration changes for CS Core network nodes (MSC-S, MGW, HLR-FE, STP), PS nodes (SGSN, MME, SGW/PGW, PCRF) and IMS nodes (CSCF, TAS, ENUM, and others).
- Participate in various integration and operations functions including troubleshooting and support, to maximize network performance and quality.
- Perform periodic network audits and consistency cleanups to maintain the health of the network as it evolves.
- Participate in a rotating on-call program as required
- Prepare product/solution recommendations through proper Technology research.
- Define CS, PS and IMS core network evolution and related strategies.
- Responsible for CS, PS and IMS Core dimensioning and optimization including expansion projects, as well as preparing all Engineering design plans, method of procedures for all core engineering activities.
- Perform signaling and traffic routing plan on all Wireless domains to achieve the highest and optimized network availability.
- Perform periodic network audits and inconsistency cleanups to maintain the health of the network as it evolves.
As the ideal candidate, you are comfortable balancing multiple projects and delivering on several deadlines simultaneously. Exceptionally organized, you can handle stress in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. You have the skill sets required to establish effective relationships with peers, management and other business relationships. Highly creative and solution focused, you are able to challenge the status quo and negotiate well.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of experience with Wireless IMS, CS/PS Core network or technical degree/diploma with minimum 7 years of IMS, CS/PS Core network experience.
- In depth understanding of wireless Core network architecture for CS, PS and IMS network elements.
- Solid technical experience in all design aspects for Mobile core network nodes and structure (CS, PS, IMS: CSCF, TAS, HSS, MRF, BGF, IP/MPLS, IMS signalling, etc.).
- 3G and 4G Packet Switched Core planning competence and experience.
- Ability to understand/troubleshoot call flow across end to end infrastructure, RAN, MPLS transport, and IMS/CS/PS core networks.
- Understanding of cellular network traffic analysis and translations data for telephony routing.
- Hands on Equipment experience, with proven participation of field integration activities.
- Knowledge on Network Capacity planning, Statistics, KPI setup and reporting.
- Advanced practical knowledge of Diameter and SIP Protocols and routing.
- Experience with Ericsson Core CS, PS and IMS is a highly desirable, along with programming/scripting abilities and knowledge in Linux/Unix.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.