Are you seeking a permanent career as a Controller? We are a rapidly growing, fast-paced, dynamic communications service provider with a mission to create a WOW experience for all of our customers and staff on a daily basis.
Corporate Office in Clifford, Ontario
The Controller is responsible for managing the overall financial operations of Wightman, and will provide leadership and coordination of reporting, planning and procurement; ensuring that company procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will direct and manage the company’s accounting, payable, receivables, purchasing and inventory control functions.
As an active member of the Leadership Team, the Controller has the opportunity to streamline processes and will play an active role in the strategic planning for the business.
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Time Management
• Creative and Innovative Thinking
• Accountability and Dependability
• Research and Analysis
• Decision Making and Judgement
• Ethics and Integrity
• Planning and Organizing
• Mediating and Negotiating
• Team Work
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Manage the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
• Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures.
• Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results.
• Direct and coordinate the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets.
• Complete all data collection submissions and any related correspondence/filing as necessary concerning regulatory matters.
• Develop and lead initiatives to identify cost saving & revenue generating opportunities and work with the various departments through implementation.
• Set goals and targets relating to the quality and productivity of the Finance team, and facilitate continuous training and improvements to the process.
• Manage company banking and treasury functions including any foreign exchange transactions.
• Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information.
• Provide advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting.
• Coordinate the year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements.
• Perform adhoc financial analysis as requested.
• Oversee purchasing, procurement and inventory control functions across the business.
• Promote and maintain positive corporate relations.
• Hire, train and mentor Finance department staff.
• Manage all contract and record retention for the company.
• Other related duties and required or assigned.
The ideal candidate is energetic, intelligent and enthusiastic team player; a business professional of high integrity that can accommodate and accelerate change within a growth oriented environment. He or she must be capable of being a team leader who is proficient in delivering effective and timely results.
• Degree in Accounting or Business, or a combination of education and experience will be considered. Professional accounting designation in good standing is required.
• Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of accounting and financial management.
• Progressively more responsible experience within an accounting/finance department including time spent in a leadership position.
• Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms.
• Financial reporting & analysis, budget preparation and some strategic planning experience.
• Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications.
• Knowledge of ERP computer systems an asset
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel.
• Previous telecom and related regulatory knowledge considered an asset
• Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes.
• Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are vital to the role.
• Demonstrated team leadership experience and qualities
• Good problem solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand.
• Ability to adapt to and learn new software.
• Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
• High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
• Able to work well under pressure and meet competing deadlines.
• Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
• Attention to detail in all areas of work.
• Travel may be required.
• Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
• Performance of duties may require extended periods of sitting.
• Hours may vary as required to meet deadlines.
We offer attractive compensation package that includes a comprehensive benefits program.
Specific details of compensation will be discussed with prospective candidates as part of the interview process.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume and accompanying cover letter to the attention of:
HR Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission must be received by 4:00pm on Tuesday November 30, 2021
Wightman is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all that express interest in joining our team however only those candidates selected will be contacted regarding additional assessment stages.