Join the management team at Access Communications and turn an impressive vision into a strategic plan that will be executed with innovation and dedication.
Reporting directly to the Technical Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day operations of Access’ Contract Installation functions ensuring quality standards are adhered to and installation work is completed.
Main responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership, direction and support to Contractors.
- Managing performance, coaching and assessing training needs and ensuring the development of capabilities, teamwork and customer-orientation.
- Being responsible for resolving issues and managing discipline problems.
- Developing schedules for Contractors within the unit that meets operational needs in relation to customer demand while adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Identifying training needs and participating in the development of training initiatives that will help the department meet current developmental needs and technical needs of the future.
- Ensuring Contractors maintain stringent safety processes and procedures in conjunction with Access Communications safety processes as outlined by Federal, Provincial and Municipal authorities.
- Ensuring that all work performed by Contractors meets Access Communications and Industry standards.
- Performing inspections of service and installation work performed by Contractors to ensure that Company technical standards and quality are met and safety guidelines are adhered to.
- Participating in the development of operational budgets and providing input on capital budget development and on unit goals and objectives.
- Meeting with customers if there are concerns relating to the work performed by Contractors and to address problems not resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Being an active participant of the Management Team, and a role model who supports a positive organizational culture that is focused on building strong employee teams in a highly competitive environment.
- Some travel within and/or outside the service area of Access Communications is required and may include overnight stays.
- A minimum of a two-year electronics technician diploma, with five years of progressive hands-on experience within the Internet and cable television service and installation fields.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role although not required, would be an asset.
- Knowledge of training procedures and health and safety regulations is required.
- Class 5 Drivers License.
- Clear Criminal Records Check.
If this sounds like you, please apply in the careers section at www.myaccess.ca
Deadline for application is Thursday, August 20th, 2015.