We are looking for top talent to fill our new bilingual roles in our Oakville, ON office. We are very excited about the arrival of enthusiastic Francophones, who will spice up the ambiance and the culture at Pelmorex!
What are we about? We’re the #1 weather company in Canada. We’re about providing current, accurate and detailed weather information. Our website is in the top 5 news sites in Canada and our weather app is the most popular weather app in Canada!
Life at Pelmorex: Our founder, Pierre Morrissette, has built a culture where you feel like you’re a part of an extended family. People are friendly. People are accessible. People truly care about each other. Together we’re focused on the future and becoming the international leaders in weather information.
Pelmorex Pride: We are proud to be the undisputed leader of weather and travel information through websites, applications, specialty television networks and commercial weather services. We reach, on average, 40 million users each month. The Weather Network / MétéoMédia are the #1 Weather App in Canada with 4.2M unique average users. We also have the #1 iPad Weather App in Canada and a 2M average monthly reach on Desktop & Tablets (generating 113M average monthly page views). Our number one focus is our employees and we have won numerous awards for outstanding achievement in employee satisfaction, including being named one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies and Canadian HR Team of the Year Award 2015.
We’re all about the WOW: We need people with ideas; people who challenge the status quo and think outside the box. We need enthusiastic people and collaborators. We’re looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers. Most of all, we’re looking for people who are passionate about what they do and about the weather. Does this sound like you? To find out, you’ll need to apply!
Perks: Just a few reasons to join our amazing team include competitive salary and benefits, a casual work environment and summer hours. We offer endless tea and fresh coffee, a busy social calendar of events and proximity to great amenities. We have plenty of free parking and are a few-minutes’ walk to the nearest bus stop.
Job Type: 2 Full Time & 2 Part Time
Location: Oakville, ON
Bilingual is Essential: French & English
We absolutely require bilingual Talent (French/English) to ensure that we deliver the best final product to our viewers. Employees working for the MétéoMédia operations will communicate in French between the Montreal and Oakville offices.
As the Content Producer, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating and overseeing the audio and video content of all the mediums used on MétéoMédia (TV, web, mobile, TV apps); this includes any other opportunities that arise in the future.
Specifically, you are required to stay informed of weather conditions; follow Programming objectives and guidelines (knowing who our audience is, etc.); and coordinate the production of the weather and news content accordingly. This includes working closely with the Control Room Director and News Writer to ensure that the team (as described below) updates content when necessary and in a timely manner, and maintains the credibility, accuracy and professionalism on all produced and live segments.
Your overall goal is to multi-purpose our content and increase our ratings on TV, as well as improve the audio and video content across the other mediums.
The Job: A day in the life of a Content Producer:
- Increase ratings
- Plan, oversee and take responsibility for all aspects of the content, ensuring high standards are met and exceeded
- Manage, lead and coordinate a team of on-air Presenters, ENG Editor News Writers and Graphic Artists, as well as work very closely with the Control Room Director. Take an active role in dealing with personnel issues and conducting timely performance evaluations
- Responsible for operating some equipment such as Baron, etc
- Work with the Control Room Director to conduct regular air checks
- Continuously monitor information sources (newspapers, Internet, news wire and video feeds, etc.) and weather data to ensure the accurate, credible and timely presentation and production of news and weather content
- Prepare pre-show information for on-air Presenters and attend weather briefings
- Extra work during active weather may be required
- Conduct daily pre- and post-show meetings with your team
- Able to work shifts (24/7 environment)
Roles, responsibilities and duties may evolve and change over time
- Proficient in speaking and writing the French language
- Functional level of English
- College diploma or university degree in Communications/Journalism/Television Production
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Television Producer or Director (television news preferred)
What makes you shine?
- Proficient editorial judgment essential, including the ability to write, edit and prepare news scripts and/or other on-air elements
- Knowledge of North American geography, meteorology and current affairs
- Effective team leader
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Organized and meticulous about details
- Some technical capabilities are required (some equipment operation)
- Some experience as control room director
- Management experience
- Interest in weather
Send your resume to HireMe@pelmorex.com. Please quote “Content Producer – Full Time” or “Content Producer – Part Time” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of third party pre-employment background checks.
Pelmorex Media Inc. is committed to equity in the workplace.