We are seeking a confident, dedicated, resourceful, and driven individual to join our team. If you are excited by the prospect of playing a key role in representing Canada’s most influential multicultural media organization and working with a dynamic team, then this is the opportunity for you!
The Content Distribution Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the strategy to maximize growth opportunities for our broadcast networks and content. You will work closely with internal support teams to track and analyze opportunities to increase the availability and monetization of our content on both traditional and new distribution platforms. You will build external relationships, prepare and make presentations, manage business negotiations, finalize agreements and monitor their performance.
• Develop and implement a content distribution strategy and business plan
• Develop and make persuasive formal presentations internally and to business partners externally
• Establish and manage business partnerships with content distribution platforms
• Lead the negotiation of agreements for optimal distribution, wholesale rates, data sharing and marketing support
• Review and analyse monthly subscriber reports, identifying and dealing with opportunities or issues
• Identify regulatory impacts/opportunities, provide background analysis, research, and arguments
• Work closely with internal teams to identify and position key content, ensure technical requirements are manageable and met, and develop initiatives to increase overall demand for our channels and content
Skills & Qualifications
• Prior experience working with key decision makers in the Canadian content distribution system
• A deep understanding of the Canadian broadcasting system’s regulatory environment, including rules and practices around distribution of TV channels and content via traditional, online carriers and direct-to-consumer
• Excellent relationship management and commercial agreement negotiation skills
• Experience preparing, analyzing and interpreting both financial and legal documents
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including presenting big picture business activity
• Self-motivated to learn, work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to find and implement creative solutions
• A focused detailed individual with great organizational skills
• Multilingual abilities would be an advantage
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
With the following subject line: “Content Distribution Manager – NAME”
About TLN Media Group, Canada’s most influential multicultural media company
At over 35 years young, the original single ethnic TV channel “Telelatino” has grown and evolved into TLN Media Group, an independent, immigrant-owned organization. TMG is Canada’s most influential multicultural media company, connecting communities through storytelling and shared experiences. As a multicultural advocacy leader, TMG selects, curates, produces and commissions unique and culturally significant TV and digital content distributed both in Canada and worldwide through TMG Worldwide Media Distribution. TMG’s flagship TLN TV channel has evolved into an English language friendly channel providing multiculturally rich content. Additionally, TMG operates Canada’s most widely distributed foreign language TV channels led by Spanish language leader Univision Canada and top Italian language services Mediaset Italia Canada and TGCOM24 news network. TMG also launched and manages Canada’s first and only heritage language channels for kids, Telebimbi and Teleniños; EuroWorld Sport TV, a channel dedicated to sports fandom. TMG is active in producing and promoting highly successful cultural events, festivals and experiences.