WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities that we serve. We empower our team members to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
Based in Brandon and reporting to the Manager, Construction & Maintenance, the Construction Foreperson is responsible for the day-to-day construction activities of the drop installation team.
What you’ll do:
• Coordinate daily activities on construction sites to ensure efficient operations; promote, support, and facilitate teamwork between all construction team members
• Responsible for resource management including the planning of all material, equipment, and utilization of team members for all aspects of construction
• Responsible for inventory management including maintaining proper stock levels and ensuring team members have the appropriate working equipment/tools and are complying to Health and Safety Protocols
• Quantify and report on all equipment used and forecast for future requirements
• Track all project activities and ensure safety through to completion
What you’ll bring to the team:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in operating heavy equipment for underground construction including ability to read and verify utility locates; experience within a Telecom environment is preferred
• Demonstrated leadership and decision-making experience (5 years preferred), with a proven ability to motivate, direct, and lead a team successfully
• Construction Foreperson experience is an asset
• Strong interpersonal skills (including oral and written) with exemplary organizational skills such as planning and time management
• Fundamental understanding of project management principles; thorough understanding and knowledge fibre optic and broadband maps
• Must possess a valid certification in basic rescuer CPR and emergency first aid
• Must be able to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
• Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until the position is filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.