As the Video Configuration Manager, you will work within the fast paced and competitive Cable and Streaming Video landscape, with the opportunity to develop your career and lead projects across Northern Canada. The Configuration Manager will manage the video distribution network through to the equipment in customer homes required for the delivery of Cable TV, as well as the introduction of an end-to-end Streaming Video service. You will be involved in project delivery, infrastructure, and applications management, as well as, assisting with evolution planning, architecture, and security compliance.
Key Knowledge and Skills Required
• Technical degree with two+ year’s experience in the telecommunications, Cable TV distribution, or IPTV Streaming video environments.
• Familiar with Hybrid Fibre Coax / RF networks
• Familiar with Streaming Video ecosystems, from content ingest and transcoding methodologies to Android TV OS and mobile streaming apps.
• Project management skills for effective cutover and release management of the various systems and possess effective customer relationship management and communications skills.
• Strong knowledge of IP and routing protocols (OSPF, BGP), systems integration (application & network layers), and workflow/task automation.
• Some knowledge of industry standard IT Security protocols for protection of systems and customer information
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety-conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
What we offer you:
• Health & Wellness Benefits
• Team Incentive Plan & Discounts
• Generous vacation and a vacation travel allowance
• Work-life balance
• Community involvement