Our mission at NorthwesTel is to be the preferred supplier of high-value communication and entertainment solutions to Northern Customers. As the first and only northern-based company to provide telecommunications across the North, we see a future where we will progressively build upon a legacy of achievement. NorthwesTel recognizes that our best asset is our employees. We recognize that work-life balance and encourage community involvement.
We are seeking a Configuration Manager, Satellite to join our team, located in Whitehorse, YT.
You will be accountable for managing Northwestel’s satellite facilities and equipment through capacity management, optimizing system performance and providing configuration intelligence to assist in proactively ensuring capacity is provided for current and future needs.
This will be accomplished through the Management of:
- Infrastructure - Network conversion and infrastructure cutover coordination,
- Radio Frequency (RF) sub-system,
- Baseband equipment,
- Earth Station license and support,
- Satellite bandwidth.
You will also,
- Provide technical expertise to identify needs and formulate designs that support specific business opportunities.
- Support the management of operational problems through to solution, ensuring optimum utilization and performance of assets.
- Predict and report assets replacement requirements and ensure records are maintained for Planning dept, CRTC filings and capacity tracking.
- Coordinate release management, including patch management (or) coordination of patches.
- Coordinate change management on the satellite assets owned by Northwestel.
- Keep abreast of new technologies to identify individual training requirements.
What you need to ensure you are successful in this role:
Professional Engineering designation (P.Eng designation being desirable) in satellite transport with three years experience in the following areas:
- Data Communication
- Radio Frequency
- Satellite Communication
- Proficiency in design, configuration and management of iDirect Networks
Consideration will be given to an Engineer in Training with a minimum of 5 years experience in the above listed areas and project design.
The successful candidate will also possess project management experience, strong communication, organizational, analytical, and computer skills in Microsoft Office. ITIL or PMP training or certifications and Telecommunication experience are considered an asset.
What we offer you:
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Team Incentive Plan & Discounts
- Generous vacation and a vacation travel allowance
- Work-life balance
- Community involvement
How should you apply?
Log onto our website to create a candidate profile and apply before the closing date:
Bulletin # 16-0208