Job Type: Permanent, full-time, with benefits
Salary: Starting at $55,000 to $65,000 (depending on experience), excellent benefits provided.
At the CCTS, our mandate is to review and resolve telecommunications and television complaints after interaction between the customer and their service provider has failed to produce a satisfactory outcome. The CCTS provides a free and impartial service to customers of approximately 295 Participating Service Providers (“PSPs”), represented by over 405 customer-facing brands.
We represent an organization of unbiased, fair and highly dedicated professionals who understand the needs of disputing parties, and who diligently investigate and work towards resolutions that reflect and respect the needs of both parties.
Located in our nation’s beautiful capital, the CCTS is a dynamic and growing organization that highly values its people. We foster a workplace that is supportive and emphasizes the importance of work-life balance. We value diversity and we strongly believe in supporting the growth and development of our employees, who come from varied personal and professional backgrounds.
The environment is welcoming, collegial, collaborative and team-oriented.
This role can be filled by a person not located in Ottawa, as this role can be performed remotely.
As the Compliance Officer, you would be responsible for administering the CCTS’ Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Program (“CMEP”). The CMEP monitors and where necessary enforces compliance with a range of CCTS requirements. These obligations include: complying with the CCTS Public Awareness Plan; complying with the CCTS Procedural Code governing our complaint resolution process; disclosing certain financial information to CCTS and paying fees.
• Provide support to administer the CCTS’ Compliance program
• Audit PSP activities to ensure compliance with the CCTS Public Awareness Plan, Procedural Code and other participation requirements.
• Liaise with PSPs, answering their questions, ensuring their understanding of all CCTS participation requirements, and escalating serious matters of non-compliance to Manager of Compliance
• Prepare reports and proactively identifies issues and trends of concern regarding participating service providers’ compliance with CCTS’ participation requirements
• Write case studies on compliance issues
• Assist with other duties that may be assigned from time to time
You should apply if:
• You have a post-secondary education, preferably in a related field and at least two years of relevant experience in rules-oriented compliance environment.
• You have excellent judgement and analytical skills.
• You have exceptional attention to detail and ability to work to a high degree of accuracy.
• You have advanced knowledge and experience of the Microsoft Office Suite in Word and PowerPoint and most importantly in Excel.
• Of course, we need you to be unbiased and have a professional approach in your day-to-day work.
• You are fluently bilingual in English and French, with excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Speaking of assets, understanding of telecommunications or television industry is a significant asset for this role.
Our ideal candidate has strong ability to manage multiple priorities without sacrificing quality of work. They are highly capable of organizing and planning their own work and have a strong ability to use good judgement is decision making. These qualities, paired with a continuous learning and customer service-oriented attitude, will help our candidate succeed in this new and dynamic role.
If you are a Compliance professional, who loves to keep up with this everchanging landscape and enjoys working with a dynamic team of professionals, and meet the qualifications listed above, we want to hear from you!
Interested candidates should prepare a résumé and cover letter and apply on our website. Only candidates who will be selected for testing and an interview will be contacted.
The CCTS welcomes all applicants and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply to join our team of dedicated professionals.
The CCTS will make every reasonable effort to accommodate prospective candidates under any of the protected grounds of discrimination. Should you need an accommodation in relation to a job opportunity or testing or require this posting in an alternate format, please make the request as soon as possible. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity. Information received in relation to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Important COVID-19 update:
As a part of our ongoing commitment to the health and safety of our employees, and the community, the CCTS continues to closely follow guidance from local, provincial and federal public health authorities. At this time, all CCTS employees continue to work from home and will continue to do so until such time as it is deemed safe to return to the office.