The Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services is a customer-oriented organization located in downtown Ottawa. We have a need for one bilingual Complaint Resolution Officers.
The organization’s mandate is to review and resolve consumer and small business telecommunications complaints after interaction between the complainant and the service provider has failed to produce a satisfactory outcome.
The successful candidates will be responsible for investigating complaints, communicating (orally and in writing) with the parties involved in the dispute, and attempting to “mediate” a successful resolution. If unsuccessful, the Complaint Resolution Officers will be required to make a recommendation to management concerning the appropriate disposition of the complaint based on the facts of the complaint and the results of the investigation.
The successful candidates must have complaint handling experience, be customer-oriented and have excellent oral and written communications skills. They must be diplomatic, unbiased and possess excellent judgment and analytical skills.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 2 years experience handling complaints or in a dispute resolution environment
- Post-secondary education in a related field is preferred
- Bilingualism (FR/ENG) mandatory
- Previous experience working in, or general knowledge of telecommunications industry complaints
- Strong customer service skills
- Active listening skills
- Empathetic, diplomatic and unbiased
- Very well developed analytical skills, attention to detail
- Excellent investigation skills
- Excellent mediation/dispute-resolution skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
The CCTS is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise us in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received in relation to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Send your presentation letter and résumé to: Marco Lanoue (firstname.lastname@example.org)