Northwestel is a truly northern company. We employ more than 500 skilled northern workers to help in delivering telecommunications service to 96 communities across Canada’s North. Together, we are a diverse group of northerners, working to connect our communities through innovative communication solutions designed for life in the North.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities, including positions in information technology, network engineering, customer service, marketing, finance, and human resources.
Northwestel is recognized as one of Canada’s best employers for recent graduates. Joining our team means opportunities to grow through education and career development. Plus, competitive wages with a robust benefit package.
We also provide employees with mental health and wellness support tools, such as Telemedicine, Resilience counseling services, and more.
Start your career with Northwestel. Help us build a stronger North.
Northwestel. Our North. Our Home.
• Installs and maintains telephone jacks and outside wiring
• Ensures Installation and repairs are completed in a timely manner to meet customer needs and requirements
• Install, maintain, and collect coins from payphones
• Connect telephone lines in local exchanges and servicing high speed data circuits
• Ability to work with other technicians when they are in the community
• Ability to work with remote assistance to help resolve Central Office Issues and alarms
• Maintain a clean and safe working site and follow safety practices
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• Minimum of Grade 10 education with reading and writing skills
• Must be experienced in using a computer
• Good interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and on a team
• Must have own transportation (skidoo, 4 wheeler, truck)
• Must be physically capable of performing the job duties(climbing poles, working on ladders, outdoors)
• Must be able to travel for training
• $27.00 – $44.00 per hour
• Premium in lieu of Benefits (490 hours)
• Life Insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Pension plan
• And so much more
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Click here
2.Create profile (Full Name, Address, Skills, Education and include supporting document)
3. Apply to the position!
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.