Overtime Communications Ltd. is a Saskatchewan based company with a diversified focus on Corporate Communications, Community Media Services and Media Properties. We are currently seeking a Communications Specialist who is passionate about helping clients with their communications objectives.
The Ideal applicant should have previous experience using social media for business and ideally possess a background in communications (journalism, marketing, public relations etc..). Creativity and an attention to detail is also a plus.
This role will include the following responsibilities:
- Create marketing and communication plans as required by the client.
- Writing press releases and the coordination of other public relation activities.
- Develop social media content to support business partner objectives.
- Create processes to effectively accommodate and facilitate two-way dialogue with stakeholders and grow the online community.
- Establish metrics and provide regular reporting against social and corporate goals.
- Review communications to repurpose content and collateral to spread brand messaging in the social media sphere.
- Stay up to date on industry best practices and monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to increasing the use of social media.
- Develop, implement, and maintain social media strategies and sites to ensure they meet client corporate objectives.
- Research subjects, blogs, websites, and other social media forums that align with the messages of the client and, upon approval of the client, schedule social media posts.
- Knowledgeable. Candidates should know the ins and outs of the most popular of social media tools (Facebook and Twitter) and be prepared to familiarize themselves with others that may be required by our clients: ie) LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google +, Tumblr, Reddit, bookmarking sites, etc.
- Creative. Have an “eye” and “ear” for creating engaging text and graphic posts that meet the specific needs and target demographics of clients. Candidate should be able to “place” themselves in the shoes of the client and make posts that reflect their corporate vision, tone and mandates.
- Analytical. The ability to constantly assess input vs. output and change the strategy where necessary to increase results.
- Track Record. Track record of blogging, speaking, contributions to social media as a subject matter expert.
Professional skills requirement:
- Strong communication (written and oral), creative and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success.
- Strong attention to details and takes pride in one’s work.
- Professional manner in dealing with clients and the general public.
- Must show initiative and desire to learn business and technology subjects.
- Must show initiative and ability to research websites and content specific to client’s needs.
- Able to work independently and provide updates to management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Excellent problem solving skills; proven teamwork and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting.
Interested candidates should Email a cover letter, resume, as well as samples of any design, writing or social media work to the email address below.
George Tsougrianis – President of Overtime Communications.
Deadline for applications is Friday, March 28, 2014. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.