WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across southwestern and central Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities they serve. Westman empowers their employees to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
What you’ll do:
• Support the operations of the marketing strategy with a focus on writing and editing content for external and internal communication (media releases, newsletters, blog, direct mail offers, member communications etc.).
• Obtain a thorough understanding of our products, internal standards, and differentiators to develop strategies aimed at increasing effective communications and public relations.
• Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective content marketing strategy utilizing email and marketing cloud software and reporting on results.
• Plan and organize events, scholarships, sponsorships, open houses, and trade shows.
• Support leadership and human resource teams for internal communications and initiatives including internal surveys, events, company web pages, community initiatives, and employer branding projects, aligning them with brand visual and voice guidelines.
• Champion the corporate values and corporate culture initiatives and develop and execute new strategies to increase employee engagement.
What you’ll bring to the team:
• Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing from a post-secondary school; along with a minimum of 2 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
• Attention to detail with outstanding writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Ability to multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines
• Must be a committed self-starter who has the drive to succeed in a high-energy team environment
• Must be highly motivated with excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Experience with HubSpot or related marketing cloud/email software is considered an asset
• Valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel is required
Deadline for applications: NOON on Monday, November 29, 2021, or until the position is filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.