This competition is open until filled, however, the first review date is: January 29, 2019.
Applications are now being accepted for a permanent, full-time position of Communications Manager, Graphic Design Lead located in either Whitehorse, YT or Yellowknife, NT.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing, the incumbent will have the responsibility of developing and executing marketing communications projects and campaigns. The focus of this position will be on acquisition, competitive steal, base communication and additional corporate and brand projects for multiple product portfolios to help business and consumer segments meet objectives.
- Understand scope and nature of all marketing and communications requirements
- Work with the Account Management team to understand strategic objectives and create effective communications products and campaigns to achieve them.
- Contribute to communications projects and campaigns such as brand, customer loyalty program, retention/save/win back communications strategy, retail merchandising, social media, employee engagement, as well as tradeshows and sponsorship.
- Work with the digital team, and external agencies to launch rich cross-platform communications efforts. Work with agency to develop communications plans based on briefs.
- Execute on communications tactics including but not limited to print, news media, retail, social media and web content.
- Provide design assets for multiple platforms.
- Continue to build relationships with other Northwestel teams – act as mentor/ambassador for Consumer markets to ensure consistency in all customer facing materials.
- Other activities as necessary to support marketing & communications.
The activities of the Communications Manager directly influence the achievement of overall objectives and targets for specific products and services and reputational initiatives. These activities constitute the primary vehicle for implementing plans and tactics to ensure the fulfillment and success of the company’s overall communication, customer contact and High Value Customer strategies. This position directly impacts company revenue by driving penetration of products and services.
- 2-5 years’ experience contributing to a creative marketing or communications team.
- Experience working with digital teams, external advertising or creative agencies etc.
- Strong design skills, including experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proven experience in developing and executing communications plans.
- Strong campaign and project management skills.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Creative and design focused.
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
How to apply:
Please visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date.