Motion Picture Association – Canada (MPA-Canada)
Full-Time (Entry Level)
The Motion Picture Association – Canada (MPA-Canada) is a non-profit trade association serving as the voice and advocate of the major international producers and distributors of movies, television programming and streaming in Canada and is an affiliate of the Motion Picture Association, Inc. (MPA). On behalf of the MPA member companies, we work with local industry partners and government (at all levels) to support initiatives that strengthen the film, television and streaming industry in Canada.
MPA-Canada is looking for an outstanding junior Communications Coordinator to support the Senior Director of Public Affairs with all communications functions.
The ideal candidate will have formal education – either through a degree, diploma or certificate program – together with previous employment or internship experience in social media, corporate communications, public relations, public affairs or a related field.
Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills are required, as is a solid understanding of traditional and social media. This position requires basic proficiency in graphic design, illustration, and demonstrated skill in Microsoft Office and the Adobe Creative Suite.
Other key qualifications for this position include excellent interpersonal skills, exceptional judgment, careful attention to detail, strong creative and organizational skills. The ability to assess, prioritize and handle sensitive and complex issues with diplomacy is essential. This role requires someone who is comfortable working as part of a small team, operating as a self-starter, and willing to take on a variety of tasks large and small.
The following are considered assets, though not required:
• Familiarity with the Canadian Press Style Guide
• Experience in a political capacity or in a public policy environment
• Experience managing WordPress websites
• Enthusiasm for and an understanding of technology and the creative community
• The ability to communicate in French
This position is based in Toronto, with a current hybrid work model that incorporates a mixture of in-office and remote work. Remote work cannot, however, be guaranteed as a condition of employment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Administrative duties, content creation, data management, internal reporting, media relations and event support;
• Executing communications plans developed together with the Senior Director of Public Affairs;
• Researching and writing communications materials for internal and external use, including but not limited to briefing notes, backgrounders, FAQs, talking points, presentations, media kits, and copy for social media and web postings;
• Designing supporting creative for external products, including graphics, illustration and data visualization;
• Administering, maintaining and building MPA-Canada’s website and social media presence;
• Ensuring integrated messaging and support for all public affairs initiatives, internally and externally, and across MPA-Canada’s online platforms;
• Supporting proactive and reactive media strategies, including maintaining media lists, monitoring clips, and pitching;
• Generating internal reports on MPA-Canada activities, events, initiatives, and matters of interest to global MPA colleagues and members;
• Maintaining MPA-Canada’s internal cloud drive, including keeping an organized digital filing system; and
• Providing meeting and event support, including logistics and operations and the preparation of supporting materials.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Communications Coordinator” by end-of-day Friday, July 15th, 2022. No phone calls or agencies please.
MPA-Canada invites applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants selected for the interview process will be required to provide a portfolio/examples of previous work in communications.
We are committed to equity and diversity within our community and to a welcoming and inclusive workplace.
MPA-Canada thanks all who express an interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.