A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
Shaw Communications is currently seeking a Security Architect to join their team. Reporting to the Manager, Cybersecurity Architecture, this position is based in Calgary, Alberta and is responsible for cybersecurity architecture design and implementation for all Shaw companies.
A typical day
• Designing, testing, and implementing security controls aligned with business strategy and based on understanding the applicable cyber threats and attack vectors
• Working closely with peer Security Architects, Cyber Intelligence, and other Enterprise Security and IT teams assess security risks of existing and net-new solutions, and to improve Security practices and standards
• Ensuring security is integrated into solution designs and recommend architecture remediation.
• Participating in Threat Risk Vulnerability Assessments and provide remediation recommendations where required
• Supporting adherence to security governance processes of the organization’s long-term security strategy and risk management
• Design and develop security architectures for cloud and cloud/hybrid-based systems.
• Participating in acquisition of cloud-based services by advising on security requirements to such services, and roles and responsibilities assigned between the service providers and internal teams
• Minimum of 7+ years of directly related cyber security experience with 3+ years of the Cloud security experience.
• Certifications in one or more of the following: CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional), AWS Certified Security – Specialty, Azure Security Engineer Associate (asset).
• Expert knowledge of cyber security trends, technologies, and their applicability to the telecommunications industry.
• Experience in Enterprise Security Architecture or Risk Management (technical) in large organizations.
• Experience in adapting a large organization from predominantly internal technology solutions to more partner-lead and cloud-based solutions.
• Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments
• Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies
• Experience providing risk management solutions to an organization that offers anytime, anywhere, any platform access to its people.
• Diverse understanding of security architecture and design best practices, processes, and concepts
• Ability to be successful in a dynamic and transformational organization.
• Strong understanding of the principles and techniques of security risk analysis.
• Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
• Canadian government security clearance would be beneficial.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Posting closing date:September 4, 2020
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.