At TELUS, we’re looking for an accomplished sales professional who is obsessed with exceeding partner and customer expectations and surpassing revenue targets. As part of the Business Solutions – Sales team, you represent the TELUS brand, values & promise.
We are not your standard (traditional) sales organization. We are passionately curious about our customers’ businesses and the drivers that keep owners and executives focused on their key priorities and partner with them on all-important journeys together.
It’s a challenging, consultative role, with equal parts of autonomy and collaboration. Sales is a contact sport and we provide the best coaches, strategy, training, resources, support and inspiration. We also have a ton of fun and celebrate individual and collective team success.
Here’s What WE Believe:
- We are ONE team: Team selling is the norm and we celebrate each other’s wins
- We challenge the status quo and when others think we’re great, we strive to be excellent
- We live up to our commitments, to ourselves, our friends, family, peers, leaders, customers and we strive to make a real difference in the communities where we work and live
- Our success is all about how we do things, how we think, solve problems, deliver, communicate, and more
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
TELUS has built an exciting, aggressive, and lucrative National Information Technology (IT) Referral Program for its products and services and we are looking for an individual to work alongside the Director of Channel Sales to leverage it within the IT value-added reseller (VAR), telecommunications broker, agents, property management, and other businesses, both in Alberta, as well as nationally.
Develop selected partners to successfully promote and refer TELUS services, from our connectivity and network backbone, to managed services, security solutions, cloud, unified communication, Internet of Things (IoT) and mobility. You will have various subject matter experts to help train and support you in the partner community.
This role has aggressive quota targets, and it will be demanding. But with great expectations and performance, will come great rewards.
The Channel Account Manager is a quarterback responsible for identifying, developing, and expanding relationships with the reseller community, small & large. Duties of the Channel Account Manager include:
- Promoting the benefits of the TELUS channel program
- Perform monthly and/or quarterly business reviews with both internal management teams as well as your channel partners
- Training, mentoring, and motivating channel partners
- Generating additional demand through partner events
- Driving leads not just in the major cities of Calgary & Edmonton, but also finding strategic partners in other towns and municipalities throughout the Canada Prairies
- Studying the market for newer trends and reporting the same to the management
- Utilize Salesforce.com (SFDC) for partner forecast and funnel management
- Making sure that channel partners sign proper contracts/agreements
- Managing potential channel conflicts
- Fostering relationships between channel partners and TELUS account managers
- Exceed sales objectives
- Continuous personal and professional development
Why YOU will love this opportunity:
Channel Account Managers have the autonomy and the unlimited opportunity of a business owner. You own your calendar and your partner strategies and leverage an extended team, dedicated and incented to ensuring your success.
In parallel with your personal and team accomplishments is making a true difference in the lives and successes of the channel partners you serve. The impact you will make in the mid-market is significant.
Perhaps most important of all, you get to work alongside and mentor with some of the best sales leaders in the industry. They share your passion to win in the market and have a vested interest in helping drive your career.
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
You are likely in a similar role, today, with 8 or so years of experience in a face to face channel partner sales environment, applying formal sales methodologies. You will be asked to demonstrate your relationships within the IT VAR, direct market reseller (DMR), managed service provider (MSP), consulting, and the general reseller community within the various geographic regions of Alberta. Nationally as well. You have knowledge of the IT landscape, or experience in similar complex solution environments. You have knowledge of or experience with most of the items below:
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Presentation skills
- Business and technical acumen: Demonstrated ability to identify and articulate financially sound TELUS solutions to customers and partners business problems through understanding the technologies, products, services and resources
- Strong sensitivity to partner needs and situations, analytical ability in discerning priority and non-priority issues, making decisions from a number of alternatives based on logic and fact, and capable of using persuasiveness in negotiating mutually satisfactory resolutions
- Proven ability to create corporate relationships between TELUS and our partners that are characterized by mutual trust and respect for the TELUS value proposition
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be willing to travel as required; the territory is all of Alberta; 25-50% travel outside of your city is expected; may also travel to Saskatchewan & Manitoba
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?