We are looking for top talent to fill our new bilingual roles in our Oakville, ON office. We are very excited about the arrival of enthusiastic Francophones, who will spice up the ambiance and the culture at Pelmorex!
What are we about? We’re the #1 weather company in Canada. We’re about providing current, accurate and detailed weather information. Our website is in the top 5 news sites in Canada and our weather app is the most popular weather app in Canada!
Life at Pelmorex: Our founder, Pierre Morrissette, has built a culture where you feel like you’re a part of an extended family. People are friendly. People are accessible. People truly care about each other. Together we’re focused on the future and becoming the international leaders in weather information.
Pelmorex Pride: We are proud to be the undisputed leader of weather and travel information through websites, applications, specialty television networks and commercial weather services. We reach, on average, 40 million users each month. The Weather Network / MétéoMédia are the #1 Weather App in Canada with 4.2M unique average users. We also have the #1 iPad Weather App in Canada and a 2M average monthly reach on Desktop & Tablets (generating 113M average monthly page views). Our number one focus is our employees and we have won numerous awards for outstanding achievement in employee satisfaction, including being named one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies and Canadian HR Team of the Year Award 2015.
We’re all about the WOW: We need people with ideas; people who challenge the status quo and think outside the box. We need enthusiastic people and collaborators. We’re looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers. Most of all, we’re looking for people who are passionate about what they do and about the weather. Does this sound like you? To find out, you’ll need to apply!
Perks: Just a few reasons to join our amazing team include competitive salary and benefits, a casual work environment and summer hours. We offer endless tea and fresh coffee, a busy social calendar of events and proximity to great amenities. We have plenty of free parking and are a few-minutes’ walk to the nearest bus stop.
On Camera Presenter
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Oakville, ON
Bilingual is Essential: French & English
We absolutely require bilingual Talent (French/English) to ensure that we deliver the best final product to our viewers. Employees working for the MétéoMédia operations will communicate in French between the Montreal and Oakville offices.
You will be responsible for the factual and professional presentation of weather content throughout all of MétéoMédia mediums.
The Job: A day in the life of an On Camera Presenter:
- Present live or “live-to-tape” a variety of weather and weather news segments across our different media platforms (TV broadcast, web and mobile products etc.)
- Attend detailed weather briefings and update information throughout the shift
- Field Reporting and Production: generating story ideas, booking expert interviews and producing packaged reports for broadcast and digital platforms
- Be quick to respond to breaking news situations, delivering forecasts and breaking news coverage on our platforms and emerging live video platforms like Periscope on social media
- Have a good operational understanding of our weather presentation system, Baron
- Engage with social media on a regular basis connecting with consumers
- Present a professional image during all presentations
- Promotional work may be required
- Participate in regular air checks, team meetings and Quality Assurance sessions when scheduled
- Prolonged hours during active weather may be required
- May be required to work on special projects including feature production and autopromos
Roles, responsibilities and duties may evolve and change over time.
- University degree in Communications or Journalism
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience on-air
- Minimum of one year live broadcast experience preferred
- Proficient in speaking and writing the French language
- Must possess excellent editorial judgment and be able to write news copy
- Knowledge of Quebec and overall Canadian geography is essential
- Knowledge of worldwide geography is preferred
- Knowledge of meteorology is preferred
What makes you stand out?
- Must possess excellent adlib and communication skills
- Team player
- Flexible (shift work may be required)
Send your resume to HireMe@pelmorex.com. Please quote “On Camera Presenter” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of third party pre-employment background checks.
Pelmorex Media Inc. is committed to equity in the workplace.