Consumer Market Sales
Burlington, Ontario | SA2
In accordance with established procedures, policies and available tools, the succesful candidate is responsible for handling incoming calls from all Cogeco systems in a timely and professional manner. The main mandate for this role is to maximize sales opportunities, resolve customer issues and ensure an optimal level of quality customer service.
- Answers customer phone inquiries for all systems. Offers customized solutions and options while responding to questions or problems that are raised by the customer.
- Responsible for accurate data input using prescribed applications and processes for all customers’ add, move, and change requests.
- Promotes and up-sells products and services with each customer contact and schedules and inputs order requests.
- Analyses customer requests for locates, burials and service calls and takes appropriate action. Identifies area-wide service interruptions for all locations and alerts appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Resolves billing inquiries and service discrepancies. Credits and debits customer accounts. Initiates customer refunds for all systems and submits to supervisor for approval.
- Highlights the features and benefits of cable television and broadband services by confidently handling competitive issues with an approach that will incite customers to choose Cogeco as their exclusive service provider. Make all required efforts to retain customers that express their intent to cancel their subscription or down grade their services.
- Assists with other departmental requests as required and performs special projects as assigned.
• High school diploma required.
• Post secondary education preferred
• Minimum 1 year previous sales related experience
• 1-3 years experience in customer service environment preferably in the call center industry
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Bilingualism (E/F) is an asset.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills with a winning customer service attitude and professional phone etiquette.
• Detail oriented with the ability to analyze and troubleshoot customer issues.
• Self motivated with the ability to take initiative and resolve problems independently. Monitors own quality of work.
• Open to change with a learning attitude towards work and to contribute to teams.
• Prior sales and/or telephone sales experience is required. Basic accounting knowledge is an asset.
• Must have previous experience working PCs and demonstrated navigation abilities within a Windows environment.
• General understanding of broadband, telecom, cable and internet industries is an asset.
• Flexibility required with respect to hours of work as the incumbent may be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7 environment including days, evenings, weekends and general holidays. Hours of work are subject to change as business needs evolve.