WHY CHOOSE BELL
Bell Technical Solutions (BTS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bell Canada that specializes in the installation of Bell services, including Home phone, Internet and Fibe TV. BTS operates in the residential and business sectors throughout Québec and Ontario. With 6000 employees, BTS has experienced strong growth since its foundation in 1996 and continues to distinguish itself from the competition through highly skilled labour and high-calibre service.
When you choose BTS, you are choosing a company that focuses on job creation, professional development and career advancement. Join our team of professionals if you want to make your career aspirations a reality. Better careers start here.
To support ongoing growth and development, we are currently seeking dedicated and highly professional individuals to fulfill the role of Cable Puller. Reporting to the Manager, Field Operations; the Cable Puller is responsible for the placement and termination of copper and fiber optic cable, including telecommunication equipment, maintaining high standards for quality and customer service, and ensuring the security of material and equipment on site.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- May interact with customers at job sites
- Communicates regularly with dispatch, technicians and the Project Manager
- Completes forms, including time reporting and other requirements as determined by the Company
- Accepts responsibility and ownership for assigned work
- Maintains on a continuous basis, working knowledge of policies and administrative procedures and their proper application for the completion of all job assignments
- Contributes to work team to ensure proper equipment is available for the completion of job assignments and ensures the security of all company equipment from loss, theft or damage
- Adheres to all Bell Technical Solutions’ Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Supports the organization of the team’s daily activities, with a work crew of Technicians and other Cable Pullers
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a high school diploma
- Must have a valid G2 drivers license and personal transportation with the ability to commute to various customer sites
- Ability to approach all work assignments with great professionalism, exceptional customer service skills and a solid work ethic
- Proficient in English (written & verbal)
- Ability to take direction while under the supervision of a lead technician
- Willingness to learn and undertake new challenges and complete work within assigned timeframes
- Ability to climb ladders, work at heights and in small spaces; cannot have fear of heights or claustrophobia.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 60 lbs., or more with assistance
- Previous general labour work experience and knowledge of cabling technology are assets
- Ability to distinguish colour-coded wire, read blue prints, and work with tools
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision; may be required to work alone in some situations
- Flexibility to work full time hours in a unionized environment, with the possibility of evenings and weekends
- This position typically operates at a customer’s site and/or other field locations
- Mix of indoor and outdoor work; customer locations including construction sites
- Climbing is required – step and extension ladders
- Work in small spaces will be required
- Frequent exposure to all types of weather conditions (e.g. snow, rain)
- Frequent heavy lifting may be required
Location: Brockville, ON
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8AM to 5PM; days and hours may change based on needs of the business
Bell Technical Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment so our employees can perform their jobs well and reach their full potential. We encourage everyone to apply to our job postings, including members of the four designated groups.
If you have an accessibility or accommodation need for any point of our recruitment process, please email the recruiter directly or email@example.com so that we can make appropriate arrangements. If you prefer and/or have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell Technical Solutions please contact our Employment Equity department at Equite-Equity@bellsolutionstech.ca